Part 2

4

"Stop looking at all that nonsense online..."

Lu Xuan reprimanded me with his words, but his grip on my hand relaxed. I slipped back under the covers in a flash, my tail poking out playfully.

"Lu Xuan, it's so warm inside, come in quickly."

Although Lu Xuan had turned off the lights, I could still see his face turning slightly red.

When he lay down, he kept a reserved distance from me, but as soon as I wrapped my tail around his waist, he became very still, hardly moving at all.

The notorious king cobra was conquered just like that by a small hognose snake like me, which made me feel a bit proud.

So, I pushed my luck and asked him, "Lu Xuan, it's so boring to be alone at home. Can you take me out?"

"It's more convenient to go out in human form."

Lu Xuan was indeed compliant to my every request. He spoke as he took out a small porcelain bottle.

"This is a transformation pill. You've already gained intelligence, so if you eat this, you can take human form."

Lu Xuan poured out a pill and showed it to me in his hand.

The small pill emitted a faint golden glow in Lu Xuan's palm, looking extremely tempting.

I couldn't resist and swallowed it in one gulp.

"I wasn't even done explaining, and you just ate it." Lu Xuan looked at me helplessly. "You trust me so much, aren't you afraid I'd give you something harmful?"

I licked Lu Xuan's palm ingratiatingly, ready to rub my little head against him to show my goodwill. But in the next second, I felt my whole body heating up.

And just like that, I transformed into human form in Lu Xuan's bed unexpectedly.

5

I wasn't used to my new body yet, instinctively wanting to snuggle up to Lu Xuan.

But he recoiled as if electrocuted.

Not only that, but he also wrapped me up in the blanket into a ball, only allowing my head to peek out.

"You... you stay put, I'll go find you some clothes." Lu Xuan left quickly after saying that.

I lifted the blanket, curiously examining my body.

Smooth skin, flexible fingers, a flat chest, and as my gaze moved downward...

I hurriedly wrapped the blanket around myself again.

Oh no, I almost forgot that my human form would definitely be male.

I hadn't forgotten that I was supposed to be a "female snake" right now.

Did Lu Xuan run off so fast because he realized I was male?

Panicking, I wrapped myself in the blanket and rushed out, only to bump directly into Lu Xuan's chest and land on the floor.

Even though it hurt a lot, I didn't dare loosen my grip on the blanket. I could only squirm, trying to get up.

But before I could move much, Lu Xuan picked me up around the waist.

In the end, I found myself wearing the fluffy pajamas Lu Xuan had brought, looking at his sleeping profile in disbelief at how I managed to deceive him so easily.

Suddenly, I felt a bit guilty.

Lu Xuan... how could he be so stupid?

He made a clever little snake like me feel bad about tricking him.

Although staying by Lu Xuan's side was truly blissful, I quietly made up my mind.

When spring came, I would leave.

6

"What's your name? You're so cute."

The woman in front of me, who claimed to be Lu Xuan's manager, greeted me warmly the moment she saw me, which made me a bit uncomfortable.

After all, in my memory, humans were usually very afraid of us and avoided us.

I had a good impression of this human who approached me actively, so I told her my name: "I'm You Qin."

The woman wanted to reached out to touch my head, but Lu Xuan interrupted with a light cough: "It's getting late, Sister Lin, let's get going."

It was my first time riding in a human vehicle. Lu Xuan didn't let me stick my head out of the window, so I pressed my face against the glass, curiously observing this fascinating world.

Everything seemed so new to me, and Lu Xuan patiently explained the scenery outside the window throughout the journey.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the manager sitting in the front seat kept glancing at us through the rearview mirror. Lu Xuan explained proactively:

"You Qin is my cousin from the countryside, visiting the big city for the first time."

But after we got out of the car, Sister Lin quietly pulled me aside:

"You Qin, you're not really Lu Xuan's cousin, right?"

She handed me a hot drink. I took a sip, feeling warmth spread through my mouth and heart.

I knew this drink was called milk tea. Lu Xuan had bought it for me before.

Anyone who buys me milk tea is a good person, so I didn't plan to hide the truth from her:

"Yes, I'm Lu Xuan's wife."

The manager was initially shocked but then looked like she understood, muttering to herself as she walked away: "No wonder, no wonder, I knew it... turns out he's gay..."

Gay? What does that mean?

Humans always have strange words that I don't understand, so I didn't pay much attention.

In comparison, a certain gaze that had been fixed on me was more interesting.

Snakes naturally have extremely keen senses.

After circling around a few times, I successfully caught the human who had been following me.

"Why are you following me?"

That person was clearly startled. He wore a mask, a hat pulled low, and his whole body was wrapped tightly, obviously up to no good.

"I've taken photos of you two living together. Once I expose these photos, just wait for your reputations to be ruined!"

My eyes widened instantly.

Lu Xuan was so good, why would anyone want to hurt him!

I anxiously grabbed his sleeve and pleaded pitifully, "Please, don't let Lu Xuan's reputation be ruined."

"Scared, huh? Then you better pay up." The human grinned wickedly, holding up his fingers. "Give me this amount, and I'll delete the photos."

How could I have that much money? This is really putting a snake in a difficult position!

But I still agreed.

"Alright," I said reluctantly, "then there's no other way."