Part 4

9

"Young Master Qin, thank you for taking care of my snake. Now, please return it to me."

After not seeing him for a week, Lu Xuan looked thinner.

There were faint dark circles under his eyes, and he looked weary and travel-worn, not at all like the majestic king cobra he once was.

Lu Xuan seemed to be looking at Young Master Qin, but in reality, his gaze was fixed on me, speaking through gritted teeth, looking extremely dangerous.

Young Master Qin held me in his hands, and I had initially stretched my little head out to look at Lu Xuan.

But after receiving Lu Xuan's angry glare, I silently retracted my head, guiltily pointing my tail tip at him.

Young Master Qin clearly didn't want to hand me over:

"Mr. Lu, Little Pink is my snake. How can you prove it belongs to you?"

"You Qin, come here," Lu Xuan said sternly. "Don't make me say it a second time."

Young Master Qin lifted me up, nuzzling my head with his nose: "Little Pink, you don't know him, right?"

"You Qin!" Lu Xuan shouted.

With a sudden jolt, I broke free from Young Master Qin's hand and jumped down.

He tried to grab me again, but Lu Xuan blocked him with his arm.

"You don't need to worry about my snake, Young Master Qin." Lu Xuan opened his shirt, letting me crawl inside. "And its name is You Qin, not Little Pink."

Young Master Qin was still unwilling to give up: "Mr. Lu, I'll buy this snake from you. The price is negotiable."

But Lu Xuan ignored him, turning and leaving with me.

Young Master Qin followed behind, continuously raising the offer. The final amount was several times higher than what the bad guy had demanded.

I was dumbfounded, never expecting I was worth so much.

But Lu Xuan remained unmoved.

Once in the car, I peeked out from Lu Xuan's clothes, looking longingly at Young Master Qin, who had turned into a small black dot in the distance.

At this moment, I was still happily thinking about Young Master Qin's high offer, completely unaware of the impending danger.

"Lu Xuan, why don't you sell me to Young Master Qin?"

"You're too busy with work and don't have time to accompany me, but Young Master Qin has a lot of free time. He can keep me company all day. You could discuss it with him—I'll stay at his place from Monday to Friday, and you can pick me up on weekends."

The more I talked, the more excited I became, feeling like I was the smartest little snake in the world.

But Lu Xuan remained silent.

I gradually sensed that something was wrong and awkwardly shut my mouth.

Back home, I eagerly crawled out of Lu Xuan's clothes.

But before I could touch the ground, Lu Xuan grabbed my tail tip and threw me onto the bed.

"Weren't you going to warm the bed for me?"

As soon as he finished speaking, his enormous snake body coiled around me, and the sensation of our scales rubbing together made me shiver all over.

Lu Xuan had transformed back into his original form.

Alarms rang sharply in my head.

I turned to flee, but his massive snake body had already encircled me completely.

There was no escape.

The massive king cobra slithered along my body continuously.

At that moment, I still harbored a sliver of hope, thinking Lu Xuan just wanted to snuggle.

But when Lu Xuan's tail began to tentatively wrap around mine, gently rubbing, I could no longer deceive myself.

This action was the precursor to mating among snakes.

My mind went blank.

"Lu Xuan, what are you doing...?"

I was terrified.

Lu Xuan answered with actions instead of words. He released the pheromones unique to snakes during courtship, proving my suspicion—

Lu Xuan wanted to mate with me!

10

"What's there to be afraid of? I'm not going to eat you."

Hearing that, I became even more frightened.

Because king cobras really do eat other snakes—

When a male king cobra's courtship is rejected, the male king cobra might even kill or eat the female!

"What? You don't want to mate with me, so who do you want to mate with? That human?"

Lu Xuan lay on top of me, his body slowly circling and slithering against mine until we were tightly intertwined.

His actions seemed gentle but were actually domineering. His hemipenis was already pressing against me. My entire body went limp, and I desperately tried to shake my tail to fend him off, but it was all in vain.

The unfamiliar sensations threw me into chaos.

"Lu Xuan, why are you so angry?"

To me, Lu Xuan's anger seemed utterly inexplicable.

"Why were you with that human?"

But it wasn't like I wanted to be caught by Young Master Qin.

When I was suddenly pinched at my weakest point by a human, I was really scared too.

I felt terribly wronged.

"Lu Xuan, let me explain..."

But Lu Xuan kept questioning me:

"Why did you change back to your original form without permission? Don't you know how dangerous it is to turn into a snake in human society?"

"Because I wanted to protect you!"

I felt so wronged that I even dared to talk back to Lu Xuan.

"Of course I knew it was dangerous, and I was really scared, but I wanted to protect you!"

Lu Xuan stopped moving, and his tight grip on my snake body began to relax, leaving only our tails entwined together.

I quickly added some embellishments and explained the situation to Lu Xuan.

Lu Xuan was silent for a long time after hearing me out.

After a moment of quiet, he spoke in a muffled tone:

"Then why did you stay at that human's house and not contact me?"

Feeling guilty, I flicked my tongue nervously and used the tip of my tail to hook onto Lu Xuan's.

This was also something I learned from the red-banded garter snake.

He once told me that with just a flick of his tail, all the male snakes would rush to him, offering all their prey to him.

I could feel Lu Xuan's tail pause for a moment, then it domineeringly coiled around mine. My tail moved slowly in the air, guided by his.

It really worked.

Lu Xuan stopped pressing me with questions and didn't force me to mate. Instead, he silently snuggled up to me, sharing our warmth.

Just as I thought I had escaped unscathed, I heard Lu Xuan say, "Don't let it happen again.

"If it does, I won't let you off."