Part 7 [End]

16

That night, Lu Xuan made it painfully clear what "trouble caused by words" meant.

The next day, Lu Xuan said, "We will have many opportunities later," and initially intended to let me off the hook. But my scheduled message finally arrived just in time—

"Lu Xuan, I am actually male, so I can't be your wife. I'm leaving now."

Lu Xuan laughed in anger upon reading the message.

As a result, we ended up staying in the bedroom for three more days.

It wasn't until his work schedule couldn't be delayed any longer that Lu Xuan finally took me on a plane.

I wanted to take human form, but my human body was so covered in marks from Lu Xuan that I couldn't show myself. So, I could only hide angrily in Lu Xuan's sleeve as he took me away.

We arrived at a beautiful island.

To my surprise, we encountered another of our kind during this trip.

Hiding in Lu Xuan's sleeve, I sniffed the air and caught the scent of another snake on this "human."

There was a female snake who had already taken human form here!

She was obviously very familiar with Lu Xuan and ran over to embrace him warmly.

And Lu Xuan didn't avoid it at all.

While Lu Xuan worked, I lounged in the private break room, playing games with my tail.

I could hear the staff outside talking:

"That must be the rumored girlfriend of Mr. Lu."

"She's so beautiful, and she really matches Mr. Lu."

" I heard she is the owner of this small island, and she lent us this shooting location for free. A young, beautiful, rich lady—what's not to love?"

The screen showed "GAME OVER," and I slapped the phone on the table with my tail, feeling an inexplicable sense of frustration.

I thought sourly, that beautiful and wealthy female snake obviously had feelings for Lu Xuan.

And Lu Xuan, that big dummy, didn't even avoid her hugs.

Lu Xuan, you big idiot!

As I angrily swished my tail, someone suddenly walked in.

It was that female snake.

She smiled at me and greeted warmly:

"Hi, little snake. I've heard that Lu Xuan finally has a partner, but I didn't believe it until now."

I hissed at her, unfriendly:

"I'm not Lu Xuan's partner.

"Right now, Lu Xuan is pursuing me, and I haven't agreed yet."

The female snake raised an eyebrow and squatted down in front of me:

"Really? So, do you like Lu Xuan?"

I put on a cold and indifferent facade.

"I didn't even agree to his pursuit, so of course I don't like him."

"Really?" The female snake looked surprised and happy. "Since you don't like Lu Xuan, it wouldn't matter if I took him, right?"

I stared at her in shock, not expecting her to be so straightforward.

The female snake, as if she had already received my permission, walked out happily, muttering that she was going to find Lu Xuan.

"Wait, you!"

She turned back with a smile.

Feeling embarrassed, I stammered:

"Don't go find Lu Xuan. He likes me a lot."

"But you don't like him. Since you don't like him, why don't you let me have him..."

Her eyes rolled, and she deliberately dragged out her words, "Don't tell me you are—leading Lu Xuan on?"

She covered her mouth with one hand, "I never thought you'd be that kind of snake."

"I'm not!" I blushed furiously, a strange sense of familiarity washing over me, though I had no time to think about it.

"Who says I don't like Lu Xuan, I..."

Creak—

Lu Xuan pushed the door open.

He looked at me in surprise and happiness:

"You Qin, is what you said true?"

He quickly walked over, gently cradling me in his hands.

I wanted to take it back, but seeing the happiness on Lu Xuan's face, I couldn't bring myself to say it.

I had never been able to understand Lu Xuan.

I knew animals mate to reproduce.

But I'm a male snake, and Lu Xuan is a male snake too. I can't give Lu Xuan baby snakes, so why does he want to be with me?

Since learning about Lu Xuan's feelings, I often pondered this question.

I didn't understand what humans called "love."

But I knew Lu Xuan was different from any snake I had ever met.

Seeing Lu Xuan made my heart fill with joy. It felt like walking through a long winter and suddenly soaking in warm spring water, warming my entire heart.

Lu Xuan once told me that there were so many snakes in the world, but he happened to meet me. To him, I was a unique and irreplaceable little snake.

Then to You Qin, Lu Xuan was also unique and irreplaceable.

Looking into Lu Xuan's expectant eyes, at the moment I mustered up the courage, I felt as if all the blood in my body was about to boil.

"That's right, Lu Xuan, I like you."

I answered seriously.

"From now on, you belong only to me!"

I wrapped myself around Lu Xuan's neck, standing upright to block the "rival" female snake, flicking my tongue proudly to declare my claim.

But who knew that in the next second, Lu Xuan excitedly shouted to the female snake:

"Mom! I have a wife now!"

What?

She's Lu Xuan's mother?

I was completely dumbfounded.

Lu Xuan's mother winked at me.

I finally realized where the inexplicable feeling of familiarity came from—it was that familiar feeling of being tricked...

Meanwhile, Lu Xuan was still clueless, smiling happily:

"You Qin, come over and meet... Hey, why are you suddenly strangling me..."

(The End of Main Story)

==========

Extra: Lu Xuan's Perspective

I got scammed by a hognose snake.

The little snake in front of me twisted and pretended to be dead.

Rolling over, opening his mouth, flicking his tongue, his actions were exceedingly standard.

But when I flipped him over, he rolled back over the next second and "died" again in front of me.

I couldn't help but laugh.

I wondered how this silly little snake had managed to survive in the forest.

I picked him up and patted him soothingly. Just as I was about to set him down, he wrapped himself around my hand.

"This winter is too cold. Can I snuggle with you?"

This male snake even released female pheromones to entice me.

I couldn't resist teasing him:

"Are you clinging to me because you want to be my wife?"

To my surprise, he immediately agreed, saying he would be my wife.

I inexplicably brought the little snake back home.

After a few days of living together, I had a new worry.

I suspected that this little snake named You Qin had a crush on me.

Even though the house was already very warm, he always sought me out to snuggle.

Even though I had made a warm little nest just for him, he still crawled into my bed.

I thought I didn't have any feelings for male snakes.

But when he hooked his tail around my waist, I felt a tingling on my scalp, not knowing where to place my hands.

I tried to reason with him, but he insisted on being a good wife.

In the end, he burrowed into my bed and shamelessly wagged his tail at me, saying he wanted to warm my bed.

I felt my ears burning.

But I couldn't refuse him.

Later, the little snake unexpectedly transformed into human form in my bed.

I found that You Qin was not only adorable as a snake but also stunning in human form. He had a pair of lively, beautiful eyes that I couldn't look away from.

A fire ignited in my heart.

At that moment, I clearly heard my own heartbeat.

I seemed to... have fallen for a male snake.

(The End of Extra)