Chapter 1: Maybe i should go back

Warning!! Smoking, drinking, swearing.

Friday, 5:30pm After Rodys shift

___________

Rodys Pov:

'Finally', I thought to myself as I finished cleaning the last table, looking around the restaurant with a soft smile. My last day at the
La Gueule de Saturne. Its been a lot working here.. especially being the only server and dealing with impatient customers all day. But.. atleast now I have a good amount of money to take Manon somewhere nice.. somewhere she deserves to go.

I smile as I turned to leave the Bistro but was stopped by a voice calling me.

"Rody? Leaving so soon?", it was Vincent, my boss. I sighed as I turned to him and nodded my head, "Yeah Vincent- I've finished my shift and the place is as clean as ever. And I do have stuff I need to get going to."

Vinecent raised his brow at me before walking over and placing a plate of food in my hand, it was a steak dish. He always gave me the leftovers, I wasn't sure why but I never ate them. They were rather bitter.

"Take that with you, as a goodbye from the restaurant" Vincent said, he sounded quite sad, sad that I was leaving maybe? I'm not sure.. his expression stayed the same cold frown, as it has been the past week.
"Oh! Uh- thank you, Vincent. It was nice getting to work here.. I'll see you around yeah?" I said with a smile before walking out the restaurant.

Vincent just watched as I walked out, a bit creepy if I do say but I didn't care. I got onto my bike and rode off to the nearest pay phone and I grabbed some spare change from my pocket. I was calling Manon, I hope she answers..

The phone rang, and rang and rang...
But no one ever picked up. I kept trying and trying until I had no more money in my pocket. "She's not there.." I mumbled to myself, my head hanging low as I just stared at the phone, hoping she may ring back..

____________

5:45pm

Vincent's Pov:

I finally closed up the restaurant, and was going to the usual bar I go to after work. It's been a stressful day and I have to go through the hassle of hiring another waiter after Rody left.

As I was walking I heard faint mumbles from a familiar voice coming from a pay phone, I knew exactly who it was as I walked over. Seeing Rody mumbling to himself. What an idiot. I tapped his shoulder and he turned to me. He looked defeated. Hurt. Upset. It was quite pathetic actually, a little funny to see the sight too.

"What on earth are you doing? Aren't you meant to be at home?" I said sternly to him, before he started tearing up, he held onto my arms and just started crying. I didn't know what to do. This man that had just quit from my restaurant was now crying on my shoulder? Over what? Some girl? Useless..

I didn't move or say much, I let him do what he needed, a disgusted look painted over my face as I stared at him, I felt no remorse. That girl was dead, and he was none the wiser. I patted his back and pulled him off me, tears streaming down his face and snot. He was an ugly Cryer for sure.

"Uhm. How about, we go to a bar and talk it out hm? I don't need your tears and body fluids on me anymore. It's gross." I muttered out hesitantly before leading him to a nearby bar, he followed without question, just sniffling and looking at the ground.

"Why can't she see I do this for her? I love her.. yet she doesn't love me back.." the crying man mumbled to me. I can't lie my heart ached a little, I didn't want to care but, just seeing how much love this man put into some girl. Its quite sad.

I brought us to some seats near the back of the bar and ordered us some whiskeys, hopefully he can handle such.

"Just drink your problems away tonight with me, Rody.."