Chapter 7: The beginning of a better relationship

Heads up!!

A Month had passed since the night the two got drunk in the last chapter. Nothing significant has happened between them but they are more close are on the brink of becoming friends. (Soon to be lovers 😏)
I may also start writing more in the "nobody's pov" version as it's a lot easier to write that way. I will be switching it every now and then though!! I hope that's all good!!

Any that's all!! Enjoy the Chapter!

__________

Friday, 4:30pm, At La montée de Saturne

Nobody's Pov:

Rody was just half an hour away from when his shift was over, the place had very little people left in it besides all the chefs, Rody and Vincent.

Rody was waiting around for people to be done with their desserts and he could get their money and have them leave. He was waiting by the window to the kitchen- tapping the window as he looked up, catching Vincent staring at him before he quickly looked away.

Rody furrowed his brows, confused as to why he was looking but before he could question anything, a couple stood up and were walking to the register and he hurried off to send them on their way. He'll ask questions after.

Once the couple had paid their bill and left, Rody went back to the kitchen and looked around and noticed Vincent was gone. One of the chefs saw his confusion and pointed to the back door.

He's obviously went out for a smoke. Rody headed out the back door and saw Vincent leaning against the wall and having a smoke. As always. Rody smiled and made his way beside Vincent.

"What is it now Rody? Don't you have customers to serve?" Vincent said through puffs of smoke.

"None left." Rody smirked as he leaned against the wall next to Vincent. "I saw you staring earlier. Why was that? Hm? Something caught your eye~" Rody teased.

Vincent's eyes widened as he glared at Rody, a light pink brushed across his pale cheeks. "Don't you have a dining room to clean Rody?" Vincent snarled as he blew smoke into Rodys face.

Rody rolled his eyes and wafted away the smoke. "You never answered my question."

"Get to work Rody."

Rody huffed as he walked back inside, and got to work on cleaning the dining room. 'Why could he be staring? Was there something in my teeth? Did my hair look weird?' Rody was thinking of all the reasons Vincent could've had. But none of them seemed to make much sense..

__________

5:00pm

Rodys Pov:

Finally my stupid shift was over. I finished mopping the floors as I looked over and saw vinecnt waiting for me by the doors with tupperware in his hand.

I smiled softly as I put the mop and bucket back in the janitors closet and walked over to him. He handed me the tupperware which had leftovers from today's main.

"Take that home with you, its a deadplate and I don't want to waste it" Vincent grumbled. I smiled as I took the tub.

"Thank you Vincent" I smiled as I looked at him, both our eyes met. His eyes always reminded me of the midnight sky. A cloudy yet relaxing sky. A soft smile spread across my face. "You alright there?"

__________

Vincent's Pov:

As I handed the tub of leftovers from today to Rody, our eyes met and we both seemed to just stop and stare. His crystal green eyes, full of innocence and joy. For a man breaching on thirty you'd think he'd had a more dull glow in his eyes. But he seemed to be just as stupidly eager as a teenager. His eyes always reminded me of spring. Like a new joyful life..