Breakfast

Another short chapter, but I should have another one by tomorrow.
Thank you so much for reading! Please vote and comment any other states you would like to see! Bye!

North Dakota had just finished rigging up all the cameras all around the house, making sure to avoid America. They joined the others in one of the many living rooms in the giant house.

Inside, all the other states, plus D.C. were waiting. Massachusetts brought out a new laptop, having already had Georgia set up the YouTube channel.

"All done." North Dakota confirmed. He had stationed several cameras in the corners of rooms, like the kitchen and entryway, as well as in mirrors or unexpected places. A state would also be carrying around a small camera to follow their father with.

He quickly started the broadcast, waiting for views to hit 5 billion.

"Hey y'all, I'm Texas, I go by he/him," spoke up a cowboy looking state. "And I'm California, and I identify with she/they!" The rest of the states were interviewed, stating their names and proffered pronouns.

All the children looked at each other, nodding.

"And we are.... America's 51 children." They yelled together. The comments flooded with suprise and disbelief. The lazy, rude man-child from yesterday had children! Fifty-one of them.

"You all probably watched yesterday's interview. Well, we are here today to show the first of many videos depicting the real America."

"After, we will have a time where you can ask any questions you have, if we deem them appropriate."

Many states now wore a goofy expression.

"Virginia here will be taking you around breakfast." Virginia took the small camera and started video taping. As if on cue, a loud voice rang out.

"BREAKFAST KIDS!" All of the states rushed downstairs, Virginia videoing the whole thing. Many people were surprised by how nice the house was. "Dad made it all by himself." Virginia whispered into the camera, which left viewers shocked.

The hallaway opened up into a giant dining room with a long table. A chandelier hung from the ceiling, illuminating the room. Intercate carvings and paintings lined the walls, and a certain tea-loving bastard approved of the details.

All the states took a seat, and out came America himself, wheeling out a cart loaded with food. Pancakes, maple syrup, fruit, all still warm to the touch.

With expert care, he slid them onto the table, balancing several at a time. States started loading down their own plates, but if you looked closely, you would notice America's plate was empty.

Virginia zoomed in, letting all the viewers take note of it, as well as her father's very pronounced bags.

"Wow dad, did you make this all yourself? Maine asked, a little too loudly.

America arched an eyebrow, giving her a puzzled expression.
"You feeling alright, kiddo? Do you want me to take your temptress or any -"

"Oh, I'm fine, I just wanted to know who cooked this delicious meal."

America still looked skeptical but replied, letting it drop.
"Yes, I always cook."

Virginia pointed the camera at the food, showing the high quality.
The states continued as usual, arguing over the smallest things, all the while America was trying to break up the fights.

Washington suddenly remembered his father's meeting today.

"Dad, you're going to be late to your meeting!" America didn't waste a second leaping up in the air and rushing toward his car. He hadn't had enough time to change out of his sweats, and he hadn't grabbed his briefcase.

Virginia handed the camera to Maryland, who we are going to call Mary, who was going to follow their father to the meeting.

"And that's a rap folks." The screen faded into black, as the states waved goodbye.