Chapter 74

Nova pov

It's been three weeks and I still haven't heard from DJ. I've texted him and called him, but nothing

But I'm going to give him his space.

I just got done cleaning my apartment to make sure everything was straight, even though I've been feeling madly sick. I've been throwing up, coughing, and stuff.

"Lunaaa," I said, calling her

"She came running." I put food in her bowl and water.

When we were in Cabo, my neighbor was watching her.

I went into my room and just went on my computer.

Shopping made me feel better because I had to get my sister a lot of baby stuff, and of course I got some stuff for Zoe, Cece, and Sayana.

Luna came running into my room, looking at me with her puppy eyes.

"Uh, I have to get out of bed to pick you up," I said, doing it anyway.

She came laying on my lap.

"Uhhh, you miss you, daddy, yeah, meeee to." I said, rubbing her

I turned my TV on and just watched a little bit of TV.

I feel asleep.

...

3 hours later

I woke up.

I was tired.

I got out of bed, went in, and used the bathroom.

I turned on the shower water, and while I was letting it get hot, I brushed my hair out.

I took my clothes off and got into the shower.

I shaved and washed my body.

I then washed my hair.

And I made sure to sit there in the hot, steamy shower for a little so it could help me breathe a little better when I got out.

After I finished with everything, I got out of the shower.

I dried myself off and put my robe on.

I went in, did my skincare, and then did my curly hair routine and put my hair in a claw clip.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw DJ getting some of his things.

"Heyyy," I said, sitting on the bed watching him grab things

He ain't saying anything.

I just shook my head.

I went into my closet and grabbed some leggings and a shirt, as well as some white Nike socks.

I needed to go to the store. I was going to make me some chicken noodle soup, and I needed ingredients for it.

I went back to my bathroom, changed real quick, came back out, and grabbed a hoodie and  my slides.

Dj was still grabbing things.

"Just lock the door when you leave," I said, grabbing my purse and keys.

"Where the fuck are you going?" he said before I unlocked my door.

"Ooo, now you have some to say," I said, laughing.

"What's funny?" he said.

"Uu," I said.

"So you don't even care anymore," he said.

"I did, but you wanted to ignore me. I have no more tears for you. You wanna come get all yo shit, do as you please. Leave the key on the table before you leave. You wanna act childish. Okay, cool. Instead of us talking this out as grown adults, that's cool. I said I'm sorry. You sat here and said to my face that you wouldn't be with me right now if I told Yo ass I didn't want kids, so hey, go get you a female who will gladly give you what you want." I said

"Come here," he said, sitting down at the island.

"What do you want?" I said

"Let's talk," he said.

"Ight," I said, putting my stuff down on the island and just standing up.

"I feel like you could've been straight with me from the get-go," he said.

"At first, I was on the same page as you in everything, like, Yeah, I want him to be the father of my kids. I wanted to have kids with him, but over time, it changed.

"How?" he said.

"All the hurt we have been through in Shii, like I don't want to bring a child into this world knowing that me and you are together for good in nby tryna shoot you or my siblings or anyone around us, or fuccin werid ass bitches coming around claiming to have your baby in Shii," I said.

"So I'm the problem," he said.

"No, no, no, you will make an amazing father. I know you will, but I'm just not ready to bring a child into this world, or I'll never be ready, but maybe over time I might change my mind or not. I'm just not sure. That's why I said, I think I don't want kids. I just know right now, at this moment, that I don't want  kids." I said

"I hear you," he said.

"So what?" I said.

"I need a little more time." I just came to grab some of my clothes. Some of these clothes I need, but I understand where you are coming. Just give me time to think," he said, getting up.

"Ok," I said, smiling at him and grabbing my things.

Before I left,

"I love you, DJ," I said, smiling at him.

"Mhm," he said.

This nigga lucky im not gone crash out

I just left and slammed the door behind me.

He is not about to get me.

...

I made it to the grocery store to get some vegetables.

A dude came up to me.

"Wsp, Shawty, you look good," he said smiling at me.

"Thank you," I said.

"My name is Kaleb, but they call me K5. I was wondering if I could get your number," he said.

"Naw, but you can have my Instagram," I said.

He gave me his phone. I typed my @ in, popped up, and gave him his phone back.

First couple pictures he was gone  see DJ

"Damn you bad," he said, looking up at me.

"Thank you," I said.

"Will Imma let you go, girl, Imma hall at you later," he said.

"Please don't," I said, mumbling

"Huh," he said.

"Ooo, nothing," I said, fake smiling and pushing my cart away.

I continued to get everything I needed.

...

I came back home and saw DJ was gone.

I went into the closet and saw that he still had clothes hanging up.

I went back into the kitchen, poured a glass of sweet tea, and started cooking.

I chopped up my vegetables, shredded my chicken, and put it in my broth.

After I finished with everything,

I fixed me a bowl, sat on the couch, and just watched TV.

After I finished eating, I went in, grabbed my dry clothes, put them on my bed, and put my wet clothes into the dryer.

After that, I went in, put the left-overs into bowls, washed all my dishes, and cleaned my kitchen.

After I finished, I went into my room, folded all my clothes, put them away, and hung some of my clothes up.

I did all I needed to do: put some pj's on, take my hair down, brush my curls, put it into two braids, and put a bonnet on.

I grabbed Luna and put her in the  bed and den i got me a class of water , some medicine, then went back into my room, put my water down, got into bed, turned my light off, and went on my phone.

I was looking at people's stories and stuff.

I saw DJ story  a girl was all up on him. He wasn't touching her or anything; she was all up on him.

I turned my phone off and just went to sleep.

...

Next morning

I woke up around 11 and got out of bed and ran into the bathroom, throwing up.

After that happened, I flushed the toilet and then used the bathroom and flushed again.

After all of that, I went into the kitchen and took some more medicine and some vitamins.

I went back into my room and just laid there, thinking.

Knock at the door.

I heard someone come in.

"Hey, it's me, Reny, she said, coming into my room.