Chapter 85

PS: keep this in mind ✨In order to win you also have to comment and share your thoughts u have to comment and vote, you have to do both ✨

Dj pov

It's been a couple of weeks.

Nova was coming back; she was recovering very well; she had finally gotten her boot off; her therapy sessions were going well, but she still had a little bit more progress to go; her brain scans were clear; she was doing well.

I will say I think her appetite just changed because she's eating differently than she used to.

Everything was going back to normal.

She was more active.

I could see her old self coming back.

Her birthday was next week, and I had so much planned for her whole week, starting Sunday.

It was only Friday, though.

"Hey," I said, sitting next to her on the couch.

"Wsp," she said, looking up and at me.

"So I was going to see what you wanted for your birthday," I said.

"Some dick," she said, looking at me and smiling.

(She was not talking about him)

"Nova, stop being freaky for real," I said.

"Uhhh, idk," she said, laughing.

I already had her whole week planned out, and Reny helped me to

I just wanted to see if she wanted anything particular.

"Will tomorrow u have appointments back to back" I said

"Ok, ok," she said.

Her actual birthday was on that Friday.

"U hungry," I said, looking at my phone next to DoorDash.

"No," she said.

"Uhhh, no kids meal from Chic," I said.

"Fine, I'll try to eat it," she said.

"Ok, I'm taking you out to dinner on Sunday," I said.

"Why?" she said.

"Because I want to take you out, plus your birthday," I said.

"But we're not together, nomo, and my birthday ain't until Friday," she said.

"I know, but damn, can I just take you out?" I said, looking at her.

"We need to talk," she said.

"Wsp," I said.

"This is not a thing, nomo," she said, pointing at me in her

My heart dropped.

"What you mean? I said.

"Like our timing is over; we didn't work out. I need you to move on. I appreciate you. I love you very much for everything you have done for me and for being there for me every step of the way in my recovery and stuff, but I need you to go be happy, find love, have kids, and get married," she said, looking at me.

"No," I said before she cut me off.

"We just don't work, DJ," she said.

My heart sank as Nova's words hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like I'd been punched in the gut, and I couldn't catch my breath.

"No, Nova, you are my one and only yes, I fucked up, I know, but I can't bear to see you with anyone else in you know I can't you know your the love of my life, I'm not going no where, imma be here ready when you are,  I promise you, when we get back together, I'm putting a ring on that finger, you are the love of my life, I only wanna be with you, you know, I never felt anyway about another bitch like I feel for you," I said, feeling a sense of desperation wash over me.

But she just shook her head, her eyes filled with a mix of sadness and determination.

"We just don't work, DJ. I need you to move on and find someone else." She said I could hear her voice crack.

"Nova" I said looking at her with sadness

"U HURT MEEEE, AND EVERY TIME ITS ANOTHER BITCH" she said standing up

"Nova Yes, I know I've messed up, but Nova I love you so much, and sometimes it hurts to love you because I can lose you at any moment, but I don't want to lose you, I'm In this with you, I want you and only you. You are my best friend, the love of my life, my ride or die, my wife, my soulmate. You gotta nigga madly in deeply in love with you, ready to kill any nigga who lay one hand on you. You got a nigga doing lovely dovley shit with you. You have turned my world upside down, and I can't imagine it without. I'm not going anywhere. Imma Be ready when you are ready to come back to me," I said as my voice trailed off as I struggled to contain my emotions. I felt like I was pouring my heart out to her, but she was still slipping away.

Nova's eyes filled with tears, and she looked away, trying to compose herself.

"I know, DJ. I love you too. But sometimes, love isn't enough. We want different things, and I can't keep getting HURT by you." She said

I felt a sharp pain in my chest, like a knife twisting in my heart. I knew I had hurt her, and now I was losing her.

Tears started coming down my face.

A real nigga crying

"This is not over." I said, looking at her and pointing at both of us as my voice cracked.

She grabbed my face, whipping my tears.

"You have to move on," she said as tears came down her face. She looked me in the eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere; I'm getting you back." I said, looking at her and shaking my head.

"If you are so serious about us imma need a huge change, because if your not there's the door I'm not bout to keep doing this with you, so if your serious u have to  show me and fight for me, but don't think imma just let u back in easily ," she said, looking at me.

I felt a sense of determination wash over me as I looked at Nova, my eyes locked on hers.

"Don't worry, girl," I said, my voice firm.

"I'll fight for us, for you, with every breath in my body." I added on

Nova smiled a small, sad smile and nodded.

"Show me you're ready to be with me forever," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

I felt a sense of hope. Maybe, just maybe, I could win her back. Maybe I could prove to her that I'm the one for her.

I pulled her close, holding her tight as we both cried, our tears mingling together.

"I love you, Nova," I whispered, my voice cracking with emotion.

"Mhmmm," she replied, her voice equally broken.

As we held each other, I knew that this was far from over. I would fight for us and for our love, no matter what it took.

I knew Nova was the one when I was up there crying, and Shii