五: Chapter Five

(A/N: I got sick while writing this during my trip)

"Okay... everyone," Law sighed, putting his hands together as the crew apart from Luffy were there, "I think we all know the pests that're the Akagami's are coming back tomorrow." There was only silence, the individual but similar glares of the crew were the only emotion Law saw in their eyes. Gritted teeth, visible veins and red faces. He closed his eyes for a second and sighed, "but we can't let them ruin the plan."

"Are you serious?" Kassandra said, standing up from her seat, "The moment they step in, all our hard wrok will go to waste!" She stomped her foot down angrily as the other members, that gathered around her, didn't flinch. They just kept their gazes on Law. "We've been working so hard for years to help fix those broken cracks! We should be able to get rid of those pests with little effort now! I refuse!"

Sera scoffed, "And what?" She asked softly, "Move away? Your house is the closest thing he has to a home, Kass." She sneered.
Sera had a pretty face and a pretter personality but right now, she was livid.

Jun nodded, "Sorry Kass, Sera makes a good point, it won't be better for Luffy."

Kassandra immediately shutted up and nodded, sliding back down with a pout on her face.

(Law sighed. He regretted knowing the boy the Akagami's adopted—ever meeting him was a headache)

But it was a headache all of them were willing to go through.

***

Luffy rolled on the bed, his teeth chattering from the cold.

"'Sea Swordwoman' is calling you." An automated voice rang out, along with the ringtone.

"Kassie?" Luffy mumbled.

"Hey Lu, sorry i got the flu so I can't go."

"Oh..." Luffy suddenly went quiet. He and Kassandra were supposed to go to that new amusement park today, just him and her for the day since they recently won a writing competition. But now that the idea of her being sick had appeared made him sad.

"Maybe you can take one of the others." She coughed, groaning as the sound of her sheets crinkling rang through the speakers. She tried to laugh but couldn't. The coughs racked up more and more volume as they passed through her throat.

"I don't wanna bring them..." Luffy whined, "We were supposed to go together! you promised!"

"The tickets are still valid for tomorrow." She tried, "Maybe, if i get better enough soon, we'll go." It sounded like the last word came out of her mouth as the cough wracked up more and more volume.

Luffy frowned and buried his head under his blanket, his breath shallow as he shivered.

"Love you, Lu."

"Love ya too, Kassie." His voice muffled by the blankets.

"Now get up." Her vocie was calm despite how rough and nasally it was, "i can see you from the window."

He turned his head and saw Kassandra, in deadpan, as she signed to him to get up.

"Five minutes." He bargained, looking at her over his shoulders.

She smiled at him and bobbed her head, saying a quick 'fine' and hung up. Luffy saw her curling back into bed and falling asleep.

He sighed, getting up and into his routine. As he got dressed, he called his co-worker and told them that he'd be a bit late.

***

Luufy hurried inside, waving at his coworkers as he threw off his jacket, put away his bag and slithered inside the apron of his work uniform. A large 'Welcome to Dawn Island Cafe' was embroidered onto the light pink apron. It looked almost tacky, but he liked it that way. He tied up his hair and started his shift at the counter.