The Cursed Child

Words: 873

Warnings: Giving Birth, Shitty Writing

-------------------------------------------------------

Saevys

As I run through the halls, hair unbound tossing behind me with each step, I race. I run from my septas and the horrid lessons in embroidery and posture and small talk. I run from my mother and her insistence in dressing me in fine, but inflexible, stiff, and itchy fabrics. I run from my duty as a daughter, and even my five-year old brain can tell that being a daughter is a curse. A daughter cannot pick up a sword to fight, cannot ride through the mountains, cannot hunt the forests. A daughter has to sit in her room, drinking tea, sewing useless patterns, and gossiping. No matter how interesting and bizarre the gossip is.

"Lady Saevys, come back here right this instant." One of my septas yells down the hall at me as I run. Hearing the commotion several guards turn to look and a few maids pop their heads out of the doors. Everyone sees as I race past, clad in nothing but a white shift. A shift covered in red and blue dye's. Following behind me is a very angry Septa Meera, a young but intelligent clergy women, now doused from head to toe in red and blue dyes. I thought it would be a hilarious way to get out of today's tortuous speech lessons. 'Speak like proper lady' 'Your pronunciation is barbaric' 'If you continue stuttering at every vowel, you'll never hold conversation', blah blah blah. I don't really care for talking, I care making people laugh(mostly myself). I care for horse rides with my father through the forest. 

I race down the halls to my father's room, wanting to escape to his protection from the septas, maybe even beg to follow him on a hunt. But as I pass my mother's door I hear a wild scream of pain. I rush in to see what's hurting her, but I am barred by the guards. 

"My Lady, the birthing chambers are no place for a child." The guard says.

Birthing chambers? Like, babies? But my mama wasn't pregnant, was she? 

I thought over and over, wanting to know what I was missing. Was I to get a sibling? The last time they said I was to get a sibling to babe came out purple and already dead. Mama had been crying for days and father was a wreck. I didn't know why, from what I understood, if mama was still alive, the birth went well.

"I-I-I wa-ant to see-e my mama." I stutter out, hoping they can understand. People rarely understand what I am saying, I hear whisper calling me an underdeveloped fool. A halfwit whore's daughter. I don't really know what those mean, but people don't say it nicely so it probably isn't nice. 

"Alright my lady, but be careful and don't touch anything your not supposed to." The guard says, opening the door and gently guiding me in to the room. When I walk in I see both several nurses and a few maesters running around the bed, around my crying mother. As I get closer, I can see blood covering one of the Maesters, the one between her legs.

"I see the head, princess. One more push." the Maesters yells over the chaos. I flinch as I hear my mother cry out, a throat ripping scream. All is silent for a second until I hear the sounds a babe crying. I rush over to see a tiny, blood covered babe being brought to my mother. I run up to her, trying to get a better look at my new sibling.

"A boy, milady" The Maester says in a stiff tone. A brother, I have a brother. Just then my father comes into the room and sees my mother and their son and kneels by the bed. "What will the boys name be, my lord?" The Maester asked.

"Ronnael Arryn," My father responds.

-------------------------------------------------------

It has been exactly two years since the birth of my baby brother, and today is his second nameday celebration. I have made little progress in speech and embroidery lessons, though my septas' say my dancing is phenomenal. It is still a difficulty for the maids to get me dressed in finery, but tonight I put up very little fuss. Along with all this improvement, my mother has finally started joining me in my pranks again. Her recovery for the birth took a while and she was always to tried from Ronnael to play pranks on the guards. Though I don't why, the times I play with Ronny I am always happy and energized afterwards. 

"Alright my dear, you are looking gorgeous for tonight's feast. A beautiful girl seven moons, you shall have many proposals when you are older." My handmaid tells me while putting on the final touches to my beautiful blue attire. A light blue gown, lined in silver, with my hair intricately braided and as always, my blue dragon pendant(see top for image). I look adorable and fierce, like a true falcon of House Arryn. Mother will be furious, though she wears blue herself.

"I do-o not wa-ant propo-osals when I am older, I want victory, I want te-ears and scre-eams of ter-ror." I reply, giving myself a good long look. I stare into the maids terrified eyes.

"I wa-ant the blood"