SOULMATES

Childhood Sweethearts

The Singhania and Goenka families had been friends for as long as anyone could remember. So, when Pratha was born, Karan, who was 6 years old at the time, was thrilled to have a new playmate. From the moment he laid eyes on her, he declared, "She's my baby!" and insisted on helping with everything from feeding to bathing.

"Karan, beta, let Pratha's mother handle it," his mother would say, chuckling.

But Karan was determined. "No, Maa, I want to take care of my baby!"

As Pratha grew up, Karan became her self-appointed protector and partner in crime. He'd save her from tantrums, and she'd giggle at his silly faces. They were inseparable, and their families loved watching them grow together.

"Karan, baccha, you're going to spoil her rotten!" Pratha's mother would tease.

"Aww, come on, Aunty, she's my princess!" Karan would reply, grinning.

Little did they know, this childhood friendship was just the beginning of a love story that would span a lifetime...

_____________

As they grew older, Karan and Pratha's antics became the stuff of family legend. Like the time they "accidentally" knocked over a vase, and then blamed it on the family dog, Max. Or the time they sneaked into the kitchen and made a batch of "experimental" cookies, which ended up tasting like a mix of soap and spices.

"Karan, Pratha, what have you done now?!" their mothers would exclaim, laughing.

But amidst all the mischief, they shared moments of pure innocence. Like when Karan taught Pratha how to ride a bike, and she beamed with pride as she wobbled along. Or when Pratha convinced Karan to dress up in her mother's old clothes and have a fashion show, complete with homemade accessories and a catwalk made of pillows.

"Karan, you look beautiful, beta!" Pratha's mother said, chuckling.

"Thanks, Aunty! Pratha says I'm a natural!" Karan replied, striking a pose.

As they entered their pre-teens, Karan and Pratha began to realize that their friendship was something special. They'd share secrets, support each other through thick and thin, and dream up big plans for their future.

"Karan, one day we'll start our own business, and it'll be the best in the world!" Pratha exclaimed.

"Definitely, baby! And we'll call it 'Karan & Pratha's Adventure Co.'!" Karan replied, eyes shining with excitement.

Little did they know, their adventure was only just beginning

___________

As Karan and Pratha grew older, life got busier, and their families didn't get to spend as much time together as they used to. But one memory that stood out in Pratha's mind was a family gathering when she was just 3 years old.

She remembered running around the backyard, laughing and shrieking with delight, while Karan, then 9 years old, chased her around, playing a game of tag. Their parents were sitting on a blanket, watching with smiles, and occasionally joining in on the fun.

At one point, Karan swept her up in his arms, and she wrapped her tiny hands around his neck, giggling. "Kawan huggy me too hawwd !" she squealed in her baby language as she is still a baby

(Karan you are hugging me too hard)

"Sorry, baby! I just love you so much!" Karan replied, spinning her around in circles.

Their parents laughed and snapped photos, capturing the joy and innocence of the moment.

After a while, they all settled down for a picnic lunch. Pratha sat on Karan's lap, and he fed her bites of sandwich and fruit, making silly faces to make her laugh.

"Kawan you my best big bowther"Pratha exclaimed, hugging him tight.

"I'm not your big brother, Pratha! I'm just your best friend!" Karan corrected, grinning.

"Best frwind" she repeat

" yes best friends " he said with smile kissing her head

"Otay" she said

" I love you baccha " karan said

"I Wuv you too" she said and everyone laughed at her mispronoceation

As they finished lunch, Karan pulled out a small gift from his pocket. "I got you something, Pratha! Happy birthday, baby!"

It was a small, shiny locket with a tiny photo of the two of them inside. Pratha's eyes widened as she opened it, and she threw her arms around Karan's neck once more.

"Tank u Kawan ! I wuv it! I also wuv you !" She said hugging him

"Happy birthday princess we love you "
Said her parents

"Tank u mommy tank u daddy and I wuv you mommy daddy " she said and jumped on them

______________

Please comment and vote 🎀⭐

Lisagoenka