TESTING - TESTING -1-2-3

This should be fun to read. Write a short story about an employee who celebrated 420 today and the next day, walks into work to find a "random" drug test.

*

Joycelyn had always been a diligent employee, arriving early to work every day and putting in her best effort. She was always friendly and upbeat, but her coworkers never suspected that she was hiding a secret.

Today was Joycelyn's 420th birthday, a special day for her and her fellow cannabis enthusiasts. She had planned a small celebration with her friends after work, but she had no intention of letting her love for marijuana affect her job performance.

As she walked into the office the next day, Joycelyn noticed a sign on the door announcing a random drug test. She felt a knot form in her stomach as she realized she might be in trouble.

She tried to act casual as she made her way to her desk, but her mind was racing with worry. She had smoked a joint the night before her birthday celebration, and she couldn't shake the feeling that she might test positive.

As the morning went on, Joycelyn tried to keep busy and distract herself from her fears. But every time her phone rang or she heard footsteps approaching her cubicle, her heart would skip a beat.

Finally, it was her turn to take the test. She followed the instructions carefully and handed over her sample, trying to keep her hands from shaking.

After what felt like an eternity, her boss called her into his office. Joycelyn braced herself for the worst as she sat down in front of his desk.

"Joycelyn, I have some good news," her boss said with a smile. "You passed the drug test with flying colors."

Joycelyn felt a wave of relief wash over her. She couldn't believe she had been so worried for nothing.

"Thank you, sir," she said, trying to keep the gratitude out of her voice. She didn't want to draw any more attention to herself than necessary.

As she left the office, Joycelyn felt a sense of pride in herself. She had always been responsible and reliable, and now she had proof that her personal choices didn't affect her job performance.

But as she walked out of the building, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. She couldn't put her finger on it, but something about the whole situation didn't feel right.

It wasn't until she got home and turned on the news that she realized what it was. The local police had just raided a nearby dispensary, and dozens of people had been arrested for possession of marijuana.

Joycelyn felt a chill run down her spine. She had always been careful about where she got her weed, but she couldn't help wondering if the drug test had been a setup.

She knew she had been lucky to pass, but she also knew that her celebration had come with a cost. She couldn't shake the feeling that her life would never be the same again.

© 22 April 2023