ii

two

i stayed at the venue for about an hour and a half before going home, just so my parents wouldn't question me for being home early.

"why don't you just say you didn't know what haeun was doing? tell yerin you're wrong and beg for her forgiveness." taeran offered. "you know, it always works for me."

however, as strange as it was, i wasn't sure if i wanted yerin back. you'd think that after being with someone for over two years, one would have felt some penitence. yet, i didn't. and then, when i really thought about it, i wasn't even sure why i was with her. hell yeah, we had some good times together, and i had fun with her, but the fun came with a price. yerin was gorgeous, but she'd want you to tell her that about every fifteen minutes. let's face it. yerin was clingy.

taeran and i were minding our own business, sitting at our table when we spotted them. a couple of yards away, you could see a pack of girls glaring angrily at us (they were probably glaring at me, but i'd like to think they were coming for the both of us).

"holy shit," taeran breathe out.

kisun, the only person who truly scared taeran, came to verbally attack me first. "you trash! look what you did!" she shouted, pointing at yerin.

i looked at my ex girlfriend. the girl next to her nudged her and she started bawling right then and there. kisun started at it again. "you cheated on her on this special night and you threw up on her!"

"you seem like the most excited person here, kisun. admit it you're glad this is happening to me. you've always been jealous of our relationship."

"oh! oh, you. . . oh! oh!" kisun stammered, which is exactly the response i would expect from her. i could not comprehend how or why someone as smart as taeran could be in love with kisun.

"having trouble with those stupid little things called words again, are we, kisun?" i mocked her.

then, probably because she always enjoyed being the center of attention, yerin gave the biggest performance of her life. she sobbed louder than the music that was filling the room. i had to admit, it was pretty impressive.

"you're poop!" she shouted at the end. she exited with her friends, leaving me there not quite knowing how to feel.

"too bad she dumped you," someone said behind me.

i turned around.

jiwon was smirking.

"what the hell do yo want?"

"from you? nothing," he shook his head and laughed. "you don't have yerin anymore. oh wait, we started a survey. you want in?"

i gaped at him. "survey on what?"

"who the biggest asshole is in the school. i say you take number one, just like in everything else you do anyway."

"i'm pretty sure the biggest asshole here is you, jiwon."

"hey, at least i didn't break yerin' heart," he said

"her heart is not broken," i corrected him. "at least it wouldn't be if she would've let me explain myself."

"a true gentleman would have pleaded for forgiveness."

"you're an idiot. i didn't do anything wrong, so what forgiveness should i be beggin for?"

"well, sorry on your girlfriend." jiwon said, with a smile on his face. couldn't get any dealer than that. "i'd love to stay and argue but you're a bore."

"you won't be so happy when i get senior of the year." i said.

"ah, but is that really gonna happen now?" he said raising an eyebrow.

my anger boiled as i watched him walk away. the senior of the year award would decide once and for all who really ruled the school that year: me or jiwon.

"i'm gonna go and see where kisun is," taeran announced.

i forgot he was there.

yerin was blabbing to everyone. " . . . he kissed another girl and when i asked for the truth, he barfed on me!" i couldn't pass a girl without being scowled at. that's how quickly things had gotten around.

when i got home, mom was sitting on the couch next to dad. "hey son," dad called out from his spot on the couch. he held up an empty glass. i added four ice cubes before pouring his favorite soju into the glass.

"why are you home so early?" mom asked, stopping me before I could enter my room. i thought quick, trying to make up a reasonable excuse.

"yerin wasn't feeling well, so we left a little earlier than the rest of our friends."

"that's good, son." mom smiled. "i bet you wanted to stay longer with your friends, but you sacrificed for yerin. that's love, honey."

well if that's love, i didn't want it.

just as i was about to step into my room again, mom exclaimed, "oh namjoonie. . i am going to miss you so much when you leave. We're gonna be all alone here."

"wow, so what am i here? i can totally see how much you love me." my sister said as she slumped into the room. she was wearing a pair of ratty jeans, ratty converse, and a ratty shirt (considering th "ratty" look, the shirt was actually pretty expensive). she hung out with the artsy crowd.

"you know we love you," mom said, giving her a hug. mom looked at me over kyungeun's shoulder and smiled. "it's just that namjoon is-"

"we all know what namjoon oppa is." kyungeun said, pulling away. "he is the kim namjoon, the most popular kid in school, top of his class, the soon-to-be business man from seoul national university, the one who has all the answers-"

"thats enough, kyungeun." dad said, without taking his eyes off the tv.

hyungeun was a freshman who attended the same high school as me, she got good grades(that was pretty much mandatory in our family), yet she acted like she didn't care. after a short while, of standing there, i excused myself to go to my room. "may i be excused?" i asked.

"you always are," hyungeun said, as she walked past me.

-

-

-

-

-

author's note : sorry for the long wait! i had friends over last Wednesday and Thursday and i was busy this weekend! i will try to update more consistently this week and from now on! i wanna do at least two-three chapters a week. if i update frequently, i think i might even have this story done by the time school starts for me(end of august)! anyways, i hope you enjoyed ❤️