Midst of the night.

Young Prince Savil wandered down the park path, eyes scanning the area. He continued walking, until he stopped next to a tall willow tree. He crawled under the branches, and plopped himself down onto the grass.

"Ren, come out!" He ordered, crossing his arms. In response to his words, there was rustling in the trees. Then a boy his age, landed neatly on the grass next to him.

The boys messy black hair was tied back into pigtails, with curtain bangs. His pale grey eyes shined in the dark, despite the emptiness in his face. Ren was wearing a black T-shirt, with shorts, and sandals.

"Did your mom really make you wear pigtails again?" Savil giggled as Ren sat down, pulling his knees against his chest. His answer was empty, as always. "Yes. You know her and her obsession with pigtails."

His eyes drifted down to something on Ren's neck.. a black collar? Or was it a choker? Whatever it was, it seemed important.. especially with that sparkling red gem it held in the center.

The boy caught his gaze, and looked down at his neckpiece. "If you're wondering, it's just a jewelry piece everyone in my family has. They say it contains powers or something.. but I don't believe that."

His eyes lit up, as he took his friend's hand. "magic!? No way! Thats so cool.." He stared into Ren's eyes with admiration, thinking of how much that would make him capable of.

Ren chuckled, looking away. "It's nothing special.. just a necklace of sorts." His cheeks flushed a bit, as his tone lowered.

Savil huffed, grabbing his friend's shoulder. He shook him aggressively, tone playfully stern. "Of course it's special! Gosh, your family is so cool.."

He began to fawn over Ren, who covered his face. "Your family is cool too, you know?! Full royalty! I could never imagine what its like.." Ren huffed, embarrassed by all the compliments his friend was showering him with.

Suddenly they froze. They both look down the path, as everything stopped. There was shrieking. Wailing. Screams. Ren shot up, helping the Prince up too.

"We need to get back home.. somethings not right." Prince Sival said, fear crossing over his face. Ren nodded, and dragged him down the path.

They ran, stopping when they reached the park exit. There was fire, with smoke flowing through the air. People were running, but figures attacked them.. they were all in cloaks.

A flash of darkness went over Ren's eyes, as he gritted his teeth. Then he turned, dragging Savil down an alleyway.

They ran down streets, turning here and there, before running into a cloaked figure. Ren stepped protectively in front of the Prince.

"Who are you?" He growled. Savil swallowed hard.. The smoke in his lungs was overwhelming. His heart hammered against his chest.

All the stranger did in response was laugh, sending a shiver down his spine. But his friend.. he stood still, not an ounce of fear in him.. how did he do it?

The cloaked figure pulled down its hood, and took off its cloak. Silky white hair flowed in the wind. It was awfully long..

Their bright pink eyes bore into the children's. The girl had pale white skin, a pink headband, and a pink dress with a poofy skirt that had fluff at the end. She had pink platforms aswell.. with a fang in her smile.

"A.. vampire.." Savil stuttered, taking a step back from Ren. How could this be possible? Vampires were just in the myths.. no way they actually existed?!

The vampire girl chuckled, putting her hand on her hip. "Aww.. two poor little children... What to do with you two?" A wicked smile spread over her face.

His blood ran cold. Was she going to kill them? Suck them dry? No.. he couldn't let her hurt them. He grabbed Ren, who casted a glance back at him.

She frowned, knowing what they were planning. "You think you humans can just run?" She sighed, as the two fled. The vampire followed after, annoyed with the chase.

"Come on, Savil!" Ren dragged him around a corner, and dashed down a street. They were almost to the castle.. but then another cloaked figure jumped infront of them.

Savil could feel tears burning at his eyes now as they turned and ran down another alleyway. But then he was shoved into a dumpster by Ren..

Ren had a dark look in his eyes, as he held onto the dumpster lid. "Stay here until you know its safe.." His eyes widened.

"What?! You can't just go!" He cried, but the lid closed and Ren's footsteps faded away..

He curled up, tears streaming down his cheeks. This couldn't be happening.. was he really going to sit here without Ren?

That was the only option.. not like there was much he could do to protect his friend. All he could do was pray that he would be okay.. and that the kingdom wouldn't be damaged too bad.

~!~

Ren panted, running further down the alleyway. He dashed a corner, and fled down the street. Damn these stupid creatures! He had to find a place to hide, and fast.

There was no chance he could defeat these beasts. With no doubt in his mind he knew they were stronger.

Plus, even if his necklace did work, there was no chance he could just magically become skilled with it and save everyone!

He crashed against the road, pushing his hands out. He panted, trying his best to catch air. His legs hurt..

Ren wasn't sure how such longer he could run.

"Found you~! Aw, wheres the other?" A familiar voice rung in his ears, and he turned over. He used his hands to drag himself back, as he looked up at the girl standing over him.

She let out a disappointed sigh, as she spoke with a pout. "Well, guess I have to settle for one kid.. thats not fair! I was really hoping for two!" The girl leaned down, examining him.

His breath caught in his throat. This was it. She was gonna..

He was snapped back to reality when he was flung over her shoulder, and she began to carry him away.

He kicked his feet, hitting her back. "Let me go, dammit!" He screamed, but she only began to whistle and continued walking.

No matter how much he screamed and begged, she didn't let him down. Before he knew it, he was surrounded by unfamiliar buildings.

Ren wasn't in the Avira kingdom anymore.. No. This place was new. His death place, perhaps.

Atleast in his dying moments he would know Savil was okay.. but this was it, huh? So much for not even reaching the age of a teen.

He closed his eyes, letting his body relax. Guess there was no reason in fighting anymore..

He let the darkness wash over him, and sleep takeover.

[1154 words - End]