Chapter 9

SAMAIRA

Today I am happy, since I heard the news yesterday. No one knew what happened that the news about Avinash Mittal got leaked, not even him, moreover he is trying to figure out who leaked this news but he won't be getting any clues on who did this.

I wanted to tell this to mahi, but last night she got an order of celebration in her cafe which ended till midnight so I couldn't tell her.

But today I have taken a leave from the office so that I can work on other things and focus on the case which Ritika will be leading.

And finally I will tell mahi about all this. By the way, I can go with mahi to her cafe. Yes, it's a good idea, and then I can eat as many pastries as I want.

"Why are you smiling so hard? If you keep on smiling like that your teeths will come out"
Mahi talked from behind me.

Which made me flinch because I was in my own little bubble.

"I am not smiling like that okay and I am coming with you to cafe so that's why I was happy"

"What about the office?"

"I have taken a leave for today"
I replied to her.

"Okay but I wanted to ask you about yesterday's news, I know you did that but how? When did you collect the evidence?"
She asked me curiously.

And I began to tell her.

"As last week I was gone to where his office is so there I found many evidences against him, and didn't I told you that I had men behind him to keep a track of his every activity so those men helped me in getting this news about him raping a girl"

"Was the news real?"
She asked.

"No, it's not, it was actually his mistress, they were kind of friends with benefits, like seriously he is so old and he is in a friend with benefits relationship even though he have a wife, anyway the men i had appointed approached the woman and offered her a huge amount of money as per the plan and she being a money hungry women she immediately took the offer and filed a case against Avinash"
I finished my sentence with a smirk.

"No doubt you are intelligent, but Avinash will definitely try to find that woman, what are you gonna do then? She should be safe and away from him"
She said, because it was obviously concerning.

"We don't need to worry about that, I have already done arrangements for her safety"

"How?"
She was curious to know my next move.

"She will be out of the country tomorrow, as she was already planning to go. so it's easier for me to keep her safe, and as she is in my radar now she will be safe from Avinash mittal he can't do anything to her, moreover no one knows who filed the case against him, the victim's name is not out for the security purpose so she will not face any problems''

"Brilliant I am proud of you"
She said to me giving me a big bear hug, I hugged her back with the biggest smile on my face as she appreciated me.

"By the way, who is fighting his case in court? You must know who the lawyer is? Cause as per my assumption no one would like to take this case"
Mahi said after settling herself on one of the chairs beside me.

"Oh obviously I know, it's ritika my secretary she is his lawyer"
I completed my sentence giving her a mischievous smile.

"What, why will she be his lawyer, why the hell will he appoint a lawyer from your law firm in the first place?"
She asked, standing up so fast she almost knocked the chair against the wall.