Escalation

At B.S.D.I HQ, another debriefing session had taken place. Snotlout, Tuffnut, Fishlegs, Thuggory, Eret, and a few other senior agents were gathered in the room, sitting on their respective seats around a table. And sitting at the very front is Astrid Hofferson.

In front of them, Ruffnut stood in front of a big digital board. A sketch was being shown on one side of the screen. This sketch was of the assassin Astrid had seen when she had encountered the vigilante last night.

Astrid had it immediately made once she had returned to the HQ after her encounter with Nightfury.

On the other side of the screen, was a coloured picture of a dark skinned man in military uniform. It was clear to the people in the room that the man in the coloured picture and the man in the sketch were the same person.

"Krogan Bouchard. Ex-military. He used to be in the Canadian Armed Forces and was even part of the Canadian Special Operations Regiment.” Ruffnut spoke, informing the occupants of the room,“He had seen a trip in Afghanistan between 2006 to 2010. During his time there, he had gained quite a reputation as a capable soldier, taking part in and conducting many missions, some of which he had completed alone, all by himself."

The pictures on the screen changed to show Krogan and a team of soldiers standing with their weapons ready, presumably either heading to or returning from some mission.

“Despite his reputation though, Krogan is noted to have a rather displeasing attitude. There are also several reports of him committing human rights violations, and minor war crimes. As well as reports of him committing unnecessary violence and bloodshed. Due to his records, he was promptly discharged from his services during 2010.”

The pictures changed again, this time showing a single hazy picture of Krogan in a black military gear and combat uniform. The picture was taken from a top down perspective, probably from some security camera.

“It is assumed that he made a career in mercenary business sometime soon after that, and in the past 5 years has gained a good name for himself. He and his men/employees are known for their deadly effectiveness and their clean work." Ruffnut said.

She then walked over to the table, and took a seat for herself, as Astrid took over.

"Him having a run in with the Nightfury can mean one of two things. Either A, Nightfury started to meddle in businesses of private mercs. Or B, the more likely scenario, somebody with enough money had sent Krogan after Nightfury." Astrid said.

Suddenly, Thuggory started laughing, drawing the attention of everyone towards him.

"Mercenaries? Ha! What's next? We're gonna have the freaking Darkseid show up?" he laughed.

“Oh come on, Thuggory,” Eret groaned,”If you can't say anything nice, then at least don't mock.”

“Shut up, Eretson. Don't you have a raid to do?” Thuggory inquired.

“What is it to you, Thugg? You didn't seem interested in whatever I'm doing an hour ago."

"Oh nothing. Just pointing out you're wasting your time here listening to this pointless case, instead of actually doing anything productive."

"Thuggory, with all due respect, if you don't want to be here, you're more than welcome to leave. Mr. Haddock has appointed me to handle the case and I'm more than capable of handling it on my own." Astrid responded, feeling annoyed with the senior agent.

“Sure thing, buttercup.” Thuggory said as he got up,”Just a word of advice, better come up with some excuse to tell Chief Stoick, because this case isn't really going anywhere.”