Encounter

Two trucks drove down the 221B Bugler street, and towards a new destination. Under the mostly uneventful night, the trucks arrived at Burgess district, before making their way to a storage unit. Once arriving there, the trucks stopped and people came out from the trucks, moving the cargo carried in the truck to the storage units. Once their work was done, they got back into the trucks and left the place.

The night kept deepening as time passed. It was almost about midnight, when a dark figure walked down the hallways of the storage unit. The dark figure kept walking until he stopped in front of one of the storages. The figure pulled out a handgun and shot the lock off before opening the shutter.

The figure was about to head inside, when suddenly, a loud bang broke the calmness of the night, and a bullet hit him on the left side of his chest, throwing him back and onto the floor. The vigilante quickly did a barrel roll, jumping back on his feet as he jumped behind a nearby pillar, as more bullets came crashing down at the spot he was laying moments ago.

The vigilante pressed his back against the pillar, and pressed his palm against the spot he was hit at, feeling some cracks, and a sizable hole in that area, but no penetration.

"He's behind the pillar!"

"Keep shooting! Don't let that bastard escape! Boss wants him dead!"

Nightfury peeked out of his cover, noticing six people in military gear, at the far end of the hallway. They continued to shoot at his location, dust and debris shooting everywhere as bullets crashed on the pillar and the floor.

The vigilante stayed unmoving for a few moments, evaluating his situation and deciding his next move. Suddenly, he throws a smoke bomb and pulls out his handgun and starts shooting at the mercenaries with his handgun as he runs out into the cover of the smoke, while his pursuers try to shoot him with their rifles.

"After him!" One of the mercenaries, presumably the leader of the group, ordered the rest and they chased after the vigilante.

The mercenaries ran after the vigilante, eventually running out onto the streets.

"There!" One of them pointed out the retreating dark figure of their target, and they quickly chased after him.

They eventually arrived in front of a garage and found the vigilante climbing on top of the building and they shot at him, barely missing him, with only one managing to hit him in the back, as he finally climbed on top of the roof. The mercenaries also went after him, climbing on top of the building.

Once reaching on the rooftop, they noticed one of the skylights broken. They stared down the broken skylight, watching the dark interior of the building as they knew what they had to do.

The mercenaries jumped down the broken skylight, landing inside the dark building.

"Put on the night vision. The fucker likes to play in the dark." The leader ordered and the mercenaries nodded.

They put on their night vision goggles and activated it, the phosphorus green screen coming active and showing their surroundings. They were about to make their way through the building when suddenly a pair of smoke bombs dropped near them.

The mercenaries got alert, aiming their rifles around as smoke covered their surroundings, disrupting their vision.

"Stay sharp." The group leader exclaimed, as they made their way through the smoke.

Despite their best attempts to stick close, the mercenaries eventually separated in the thick smoke.

One of the mercenaries heads deeper into the building, trying to get out of the smoke. His rifle aimed forward as he carefully took each step. Suddenly he heard some noise and looked around, pointing his rifle around, trying to find the source of the noise.