16. Rebecca

The next morning, I woke up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Shane was already up and getting ready for work, and I could hear the sound of the shower running in the background.

I got out of bed and started getting ready for the day, Today the day that I would find a new job, then go by the hospital to see dad that night we left the hospital dad went into a coma. I might bring Carl home with me to get his mind off of that anyways.

As I was getting dressed, Shane came into the bedroom and gave me a kiss goodbye. "Good luck today, baby," he said, smiling. "You're going to do great." Then I started finish getting ready.

(Her outfit)

Then I got started on my hair

Then I got started on my hair. I decided to not do any makeup.

( Her hair)

"Thanks, Shane,"

"Thanks, Shane,"

I replied, feeling a surge of confidence.

"I'm going to need it."

We headed downstairs together, and Shane made us some breakfast before we left for the day. As we ate, we chatted about our plans for the day and what we hoped to accomplish.

After breakfast, Shane walked me to the door and gave me another kiss goodbye.

"I'll be thinking about you all day,"

he said, smiling.

"I'll be thinking about you too,"

I replied, smiling back at him.

And with that, I headed out the door I hope I get this job. As I walked to my car, I felt a sense of determination wash over me.

I was going to get this job, and I was going to make a new life for myself and Shane and our baby. I took a deep breath, feeling the cool morning air fill my lungs, and boarded the bus.

The interview was at a marketing firm downtown, and I arrived a few minutes early. I took a moment to collect my thoughts, then stood up straight and walked into the building.

The receptionist greeted me with a smile, and I introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm here for the interview with Mr. Smith."

She nodded, and led me to a conference room. A few minutes later, Mr. Smith walked in, and we shook hands. The interview went smoothly, and I left feeling confident.

Next, I headed to the hospital to visit my dad. Carl was already there mom was also there, sitting in the waiting room.

"Hey, baby,"

she said, standing up to give me a hug.

"How'd the interview go?"

I smiled.

"It went great, thanks for asking."

We walked into the hospital room together, and my heart sank. Dad was still in a coma, his eyes closed and his face pale. I took his hand, feeling a surge of sadness.

"Hey, Dad. It's me, mom and Carl is here too."

Carl spoke up,

"Yeah, Dad, we're here for you. You're going to get through this."

We sat there for a while, holding Dad's hands and talking to him. Even though he couldn't respond, it felt good to be there for him.

After a while, I told Mom I take Carl for the couple nights and we left the hospital and headed back home. Shane was already there, making dinner in the kitchen.

"Hey, how was your day?"

he asked, smiling.

I smiled back, feeling grateful for this new life I was building.

"It was great, thanks for asking."

We sat down to eat, and when we was finished eating I told the boys to get washed up and ready for bed and I will do the dishes.

When I was finished I walked out of the kitchen to see shane and Carl sitting on the couch watching TV so I made my way to the bathroom and took a shower.

-20 minutes later-

When I got out I done my skincare then changed into my pj's.

(Her pj's)

Then I left my hair opened then made my way towards the living room and watch some TV with Shane and Carl

Words count 668
Comment & Vote ✨