1.13

IT FELT ALTHOUGH IT took a month just for the week to finish and make it to Saturday. Layla was keeping herself as busy as possible at work and at home, but it still went as slow as possible.

   As Saturday rolled around, the weather was perfect. The sun was shining down on California, not too hot, and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. The perfect day to go to the new flower garden.

   Layla was finishing up cleaning her apartment, not wanting to come back to a mess after the date. She was finishing up washing the cat bowls, letting them soak in the sink with soapy water.

   As that was being done, she vacuumed the wooden flooring throughout the apartment, not taking too long as there wasn't much ground to cover. Noah Kahan was playing loudly through her speaker, making the cleaning somewhat bearable.

   This was probably her least favorite thing to be doing on her day off, but it had to be done eventually. She had been holding it off all week, anyway. Layla put the vacuum away back in the hallway closet, and then finished with the dishes, starting the dishwasher.

   It was nearing 10 in the morning right now, and their plans were for Spencer to pick her up at noon. Layla grabbed her phone, texting Spencer to confirm their plans just to make sure she had everything right. 'Hey, we're still good for noon right?'. And almost immediately she got a response from him, confirming everything.

   Layla turned on the shower, then took her hair out of the bun it was in, needing to wash her hair from the sweat and oil that was lying in it. She got in, double cleansing her hair, then washing her body and face, shaving her legs, and then she was done.

   She stepped out of the shower, putting on her robe and wrapping her hair in a towel. She wiped the mirror so she could see herself, seeing that there was some mascara left over under her eyes. She cleaned it all off, then put on some moisturizer and sunscreen.

   As she walked into her bedroom, she found her cat sleeping soundly on one of her pillows. Layla leaned over for a brief moment to pet him, then went to her vanity to continue getting ready.

   Layla took her time on her makeup, making sure it looked as good as possible. She lightly applied her foundation, bronzer, blush, and then concealer, sealing it all in with powder. Once she was comfortable with how her base looked, she moved onto the eye makeup.

   This was always her least favorite part of her makeup, but she always loved the outcome of it. She used her powder bronzer and blush on her eyes to pull the look together, then used a dark brown to wing it out to make it look like eyeliner. She finished it off with a little pink sparkle and mascara with half lashes.

   Once she was content with the way her makeup looked, she took her hair out of the towel and began to blow dry it. Her hair was getting long and was pretty thick, so it took a while to get through. But once it was done, she put it in curlers, then put on her lip liner and gloss.

   As her hair was setting in the curlers, she picked out an outfit. It was a creme colored midi skirt with beige and light pink flowers littered across it, with a beige, loose fitted tank top that tied in the front with a pair of high top converse, the same beige color as the top.

   The time now read 11:27, so Layla began to panic with what little time she had. She sat back down at her vanity, taking her hair out of the curlers and brushing it out. She put it in a half up half down, putting in a creme colored bow, and re-curling the front pieces with a curling iron.

   She touched up her lip liner and gloss, then grabbed her white purse and put her wallet, lip products, and some other little necessities in it before placing it by the front door where her keys were sitting.