Kabanata 9

Kabanata 9

They say that it is better to try than to do nothing at all. To risk than suffered to all ‘what ifs’, to be confused than to be comfortable. Folks says, that there’s much more outside our comfort zone, to do things that we never thought we could go beyond. Some also says, that sometimes we just have to stay to whomever we are than to go outside the place we should never step in.

I always believe in ‘it is what it is’. We can never change the outcome no matter how we tried to be better. That life can be unpredictable not matter how you want to control it. That’s always the thoughts that crossed my mind, but no matter how I tried to live it, I always want and take control. I don’t to want be tossed in the water with no direction.

Uncertainty really go beyond your expectations. I never imagine to be comfortable in someone’s presence. To eat and laughed without thinking I am being judged. To say something without the thoughts of being an oversharer.

Naglalakad ako sa hallway ng bigla kong makita si Jeshua. He is holding a bunch of paper and busy putting something
in the students board.

Bigla kong naalala ang offer niya sa akin at nakita kong mayroon ding monthly allowance ang student na mapapabilang sa Journalism Club.

I heard that it is funded by some rich family here in Estancia who’s daughter are also into journalism.

“Jeshua!” I called him. I smiled while waving my hand. I saw him stopped from whatever he is doing.

“Good morning, Athena.” he said formally. “What can I do for you?” he asked.

I give him the application form that he gave me during the foundation week. I give him a tight smile when he get it from my hand and read it.

Tumango siya at ngumite ng bahagya. “You have a good penmanship.” Uminit ang pisnge ko dahil sa puri niya habang pinagpatuloy ang pagbabasa sa isinulat ko tungkol sa foundation week.

“You’re already approved.” Tumango ako sa kanyang sinabi.

“What are you doing?” I asked curiously and peak on the paper he is holding.

“It’s about the upcoming Mr and Ms Valentine. I was told to put it here in our student bulletin.” He answered.

“Can I help?” kita kong natigilan siya.

“Are you sure?”

Tumango ako sa kanya at kinuha ang natitirang papel sa kanyang kamay. He provided the instructions about that I immediately follow.

Tahimik lang kaming dalawa at tanging ang bawat yapak lang ng paa namin sa sahig ang naririnig.

“By the way…” I heard him said. Agad ko siyang nilingon habang nakataas ang kilay. “Can I use your paper for our January wrapped up issue? It only need some photos and supporting articles.”

“Oo naman. May maitutulong ba ako tungkol doon?” I offered while taking notes in my mind about the task that I already finished and the upcoming task that was given yesterday.

“You can just go to our club room or in the library so we can talk about it.”

“Okay. What time?”