Kabanata 17

Kabanata 17

“Wow ginawa ng Don yan para sa asawa?” Esther said as we both glanced at whole place. Nakinig kami sa kwento ng trabahador na narito kung saan nakahanda na ang iilang gamit na naroon kasama ang malapad na picnic blanket.

Apparently, Don Kierino Puentevedra built a whole ranch for his late wife who loves nature and quiet life away from the rural. All the facilities here are named after her and this garden was to honor for the love she give to the patriarch. As well as it’s the only place that he wants to rescue first after the arson years ago.

A warm hand embraced my back when a cold breezy air whispered. Kakatapos ko lang na tulungan si Jib na ayusin ang iilang pagkain at inilatad sa picnic blanket.

“Bakit?” mahina kong tanong sa kanya habang nilalagay ng maayos ang bulaklak sa gitna para gawing center piece.

“Do you still have a good day after what happened awhile ago?” He whispered and seat behind me.

Nilingon ko siya dahil umikot ang kanyang braso sa aking bewang at doon namahinga habang pareho naming tinatanaw ang mga bulaklak.

“Of course…” I said softly and now fully looking at him. “How about you? Do you have a good day?” I asked and smile.

His serious eyes remained on my smile before it drifted to my orbs. I raise my eyebrows and slowly lifted my hand so I could touch the strand of his hair that’s touching his forehead.

“I have…”

I smiled more while nodding my head. “Bad days are normal. It’s part of our daily life.”

“I like it…” He said huskily and smile a little drifting his eyes into the splash of water of the river.

“Hmm?”

“I like it when you say something like that…” He continued before claiming my hand which stayed on his hair.

Pinagsiklop niya ang aming mga dalire at pareho namin iyong pinagmasdan.

“Do you think we should invalid the feelings of a villainess?” I asked and touch the leaf of the daisy.

“Feelings are valid, but actions should not be tolerated.”

I smiled at his response and stayed silence. Tumalikod na ako sa kanya at ramdam kong nilagay niya ang kanyang ulo sa likod ng aking balikat. Nakatingin lang ako sa mga kaibigan na alam kong ilang beses kong nahuhuling sinusulyapan kami habang nasa ilog.

I looked up at the clear sky only to fell into a deep thoughts. Feelings are valid because it’s real. We couldn’t fake loneliness or sadness. It sometimes lead to deeper aspect of our mental capacity. It’s real and it should not be overlooked.

I think of it because sometimes our feelings drive us to do things that is out of our control as I am afraid to get angry even if I was given so many reasons burst out and be villain of my own.

I was raise to be kind and I choose to be kind.

Pinikit ko ang aking mga mata habang nanatili ang tingin sa kalangitan. I am silently praying to God to give me all the strengths and enlightenment so when the time comes I would still be able to understand… even if I couldn’t be able to forgive.

Nginitian ko ang bawat kamag-aral habang patuloy parin ako sa pag lagay ng announcement paper sa students board. Katatapos lang ng finals namin noong nakaraan habang inaayos ko ang ibang requirement ng bawat prof para kapag clearance day ay hindi ako mahirapan.