Kabanata 23

Kabanata 23

I really don’t know what to say or what should I act infront of Chandra Ruiz. She is sipping a chamomile tea and she ordered me an Ice Latte even if I didn’t asked for it. Maybe she’s kind enough to order me some kahit may sasabihin siya sa aking ikakasakit ng damdamin ko. My hand’s still clutching to my skirt and when she put down the cup I felt like my heart beat rapidly.

“Exiterous Silas, my first born, we’re usually paired up every daughter of our friends or partners that will somehow benefits the family business.” She said and each words we’re precise and thought well.

I gulped and just stared at her without any emotions. I don’t want her to sense how nervous I am towards her. I want her to know that whatever she will say, I will accept and respect it, but I will never seat in the table again with her.

“My son is very playful yet passionate with business.” She smiled a bit like she saw a flashback of how his son grow up right infront of her eyes. “He always listen to his grandma and maybe somehow consider her decision towards how he deal his life. He is the scion after all.” she added.

She looked at me straight into my eyes like she wants to mark every words she will said.

“My son is bound to manage and lead the family. He is the next chairman after he will finished his bachelors… however I could see how much he wants to start from small. He is deserving from that position… yet he doesn’t feel it. Maybe you know, Athena?”

I lowered my eyes for a moment thinking deeply.

“I think that Exiterous is old enough to decide for himself, Ma’am. Regardless of what his choices are, I will respect it, even if it doesn’t include me.” malumanay kong sabi sa kanya at tipid na ngumite.

“Hindi mo ba siya ipaglalaban kung sakaling iba ang piliin niya?”

Natigilan ako sa kanyang tanong bago umiling.

“If Exiterous would choose me, then he would choose me. I don’t fight, Ma’am, I respect.” tumaas ang kilay niya sa aking sinabi.

“I know that my status doesn’t match the standard your family wanted for him. I respected that. I know you want him to be with the woman your family wants, I respected that. You may think I’m using him for my needs, I respected that. However, if you asked me to stay away without your son’s knowledge, then I’m sorry, I cannot do that. I don’t leave the door I opened without closing it. So like what I said, if Exiterous would want me and choose me. I would want and choose him too. If he doesn’t want me anymore, I would step back and still respecting him”

Huminga ako ng malalim dahil sa mahaba kong sinabi sa kanya. Kita ko ang kakaibang emosyon na namayani sa kanyang mata bago bahagyang tumawa.

“I respected my son’s choice and decision too, Athena. If he wants you, then he wants you. He wouldn’t choose something that is not the best for him. He is born to for the best that’s why he work hard so he could be deserving of you.” She smiled at me and sipped into her tea.

Napakurap-kurap ako dahil parang wala lang sa kanya ang sinabi ko, It’s like she is testing me. Ilang sandali lang ay may kinuha siya sa kanyang bag.

Kulay asul at nakaseal ang inabot niya sa akin.

“You should come to our wedding anniversary, ihja. It will be next year but we will sending the invitation now… because we cruising.”

“Ma’am… I-I think my presence a-are not welcome there.” I know that she knows what I mean with that.

Tipid siyang ngumite sa akin bago umiling. “Exit won’t come if you won’t. Since he moved out in our house he is not oblique to come to any event.”