Chp. 8

Ms. Fletcher POV

"Are you ready bestieeee" I heard Jayda say from down the hallway

"As I'll ever be. I just want these cameras out of my place. All this unnecessary attention and shit. Oh guess who I seen yesterday" I said while putting my glasses on, I looked in the mirror one last time checking myself out.

"Who" Jayda asked while walking into my office. She looked very beautiful as always.

"Detective Deonte motha fuckin Gray" I said and all Jayda could do was laugh.

"You being foreal" she asked and I nodded my head.

"Well did he say anything to you" she asked and I sighed before speaking again.

"He congratulated me, and then was like you always wanted to be big dog, on top.... Like dude shut up talking to me" I said and she just shook her head.

"I'm not even going to speak on that. But we have to get going, I just got a text saying that the news crew ABC News is here, and they have Diane as well" Jayda said and I nodded my head. We walked out of my office and got in the elevator taking us to the first floor.

"Remember to smile babes" I heard Jayda say and before I could respond the doors opened and all eyes were on us. We walked through the doors with bright smiles on our faces, as flashes went off. You got to be fuckin kidding me, I thought.

"Hello, welcome to The Jailhouse. My name is Ariana Fletcher and this is Jayda Cheaves" I said to whomever was listening.

"Hi, my name is Diane and you will be giving me a tour around. Before we start is it anything you want us to take off" Diane said and I looked at her and everyone else.

"You can keep what ever you want on. You shouldn't have a problem, unless you feel like taking it off" I said being truthfully.

"Okay, I only have 5 guys with me that'll be holding equipment as we walk through the jail. And will I be able to interview the inmates if I want" Diane asked and I glance towards Jayda, who was already looking at me.

"Yes you will, but that'll be later on in the evening" I said and she nodded, I waited for them to go through the matel detectors. Once everyone was in, Jayda gave them the rules and gave them the sheet that they had to sign. Once that was done we went on our way, by first taking them to intake, showing them the process of how that goes, next was showing them the different yards we had for everyone. After that we took the crew to the ladies side, I know nothing about that so I let Jayda handle that, and I fell back.

"Ms. Fletcher I was just asking Ms. Cheaves what made want to work in a jail. Do you think she's good at her job" Diane asked me making my face scrunch up, a lot.

"Of course Ms. Cheaves is amazing at her job, when we got here this place was not out together at all, it was a lot of problems going in. Which it still is but it's a working progress. But yes Ms.Cheaves does her job very well if you ask me. She is better than me to be honest" I said and some people laughed but I was being serious. Jayda takes her job very serious and plays zero games.