Chapter One

Fairy Tail and all of its characters belong to Hiro Mashima.

Gray's POV

"Yo, toolbox." Gray Fullbuster turned around and saw Natsu Dragneel waving at him with a big dumb smile on his face.

School had just ended, and Gray was walking to his car.

"What do you want, Natsu?" Gray groaned.

"I just wanted to know if you wanna' maybe hang out later? Gajeel just got that sick new pool table." Natsu said.

"Uh-" Gray stuttered. "I-I can't.

"How come?" Natsu raised his brow

"I- uh- have a project that's do tomorrow. And I didn't start it yet." He lied.

"A project? In what class?"

"Economics." He stammered.

"What? We both have Mrs. Whiley, and I don't remember her giving us any projects." Natsu said, suspiciously.

"Well, uh, I'm doing it for extra credit."

"Since when do you need extra credit?" Natsu folded his arms.

"Whatever, man, I gotta' go. Talk to you later." Gray spat out before turning away and walking to his car. Natsu just gave him a confused look and watched him walk to his car.

"See ya'." Gray waved and quickly drove away. Natsu waved back, still a bit thrown off.

Gray exhaled in relief.

"That was close." He said to himself.

Every Thursday night at 7:30, Gray went to therapy. He had been going for half a year now. He managed to do this without telling his friends, too. Whenever they asked to hang out or something, he just gave them an excuse. Some were better than others.

As much as he liked his friends, he just wasn't comfortable sharing some things. Some pretty big things that he didn't like to talk about with anyone other than his therapist, Dr. Makarov Dreyar.

He pulled into his garage and locked the car. He walked in the front door and threw his keys on the counter and flopped on the couch while flicking on the T.V.

"Gray? You home?" Gray's father, silver, called.

"Yeah, Dad." Gray called back and while flipping through the T.V channels.

"Hey, I was thinking," Silver began after he walked down the steps and into the living room. "Whaddya' say we go out for dinner tonight? We haven't done that in awhile." He leaned against a wall amd crossed his arms.

"Dad," Gray groaned "Today's Thursday. You know what Thursday is."

"Right, right." Silver nodded when he remembered. "You know, son, it's almost been six months and you still seem the same to me. Plus, you never tell me anything, anyway."

"Probably because you're not here half the time, and when you are you're drunk off your ass." Gray said in a monotone voice, still keeping his eyes on the T.V.

"Gray," Silver sighed. "You know I'm trying to do my best. I just started going to those classes."

"Yeah they're working really well. How many days have you been sober, now? Because from what I remember I had to pry the keys and the rum from your hands when you decided you wanted go on a spontaneous late-night drive last night. Those classes sure are doing wonders." Gray sarcastically said.

Gray and Silver both paused. Gray kept his attention on the T.V and Silver looked at Gray.

"This is harder than you would think." Silver said in a low voice.