Chapter Six

Gray's POV

Disclaimer: There are spoilers for the movie "Up". So if you haven't seen the movie, the first 10 minutes or so will be spoiled. Okay, enjoy!

"We need to talk, Gray-sama."

"Ah, sure." Gray reluctantly agreed.

He wasn't necessarily up for a talk right now, but she was already here. Plus they would have to talk things out eventually. Might as well do it now.

Juvia stood up and stepped aside so Gray could unlock the front door. He noticed his t-shirt was a little worn and had some stains on it from work.

"I'm gonna' get changed. Just wait outside my bedroom door." He turned to her and said. Juvia's face reddened and her head did a little twitch that he supposed was a nod. She followed him closely behind up the steps and to his room. She did as she was told and stood outside while Gray got changed.

He changed into a different t-shirt and some black sweatpants. When he was done, he opened the door. Juvia remained outside the room for a moment. She peeked into the room first before taking a step in the room. She attentively looked around to take in the whole scenery. She was in Gray's room, after all. Gray sat down on the small couch that was in his room. His room was pretty big, actually. He had room for a queen-size bed, a desk, and a couch. Not to mention other miscellaneous items in the room. Juvia finally snapped out of her daze.

"Why have you been acting so strange lately?" Juvia asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Gray glanced to the side. Why was he lying? Didn't he want to talk to her about this? His mind told him one thing but his mouth said another.

"Oh, please, Gray-sama. So that freak out at lunch was just a normal thing?" Juvia asked. Gray was shocked out how bold she was being about this.

"Okay, fine. So I have been acting weird." He admitted.

"Well Juvia can see that." She muttered.

"But you've been acting weird, too!" Gray fired back. Juvia's eyes snapped in Gray's direction.

"That's because Gray-sama never gave Juvia an answer when she asked about-" She froze. Her fire died down and she shyly looked to the ground.

"The date." Gray said in a defeated tone.

"So it was a date?!" Juvia inched closer to the couch where Gray sat with a big smile on her face.

"I-I never said that!" Gray scooted a little to the opposite direction of Juvia. His face heated up.

"You just did!" Juvia shot back with the same hopeful smile on her face.

"Okay so maybe it was a date!" Gray blurted. Gray and Juvia both froze, stunned. Gray's eyes bulged when the words spilled out of his mouth.

Gray thought some things over during their moment of silence. He regained his composure.

"But it doesn't mean anything." He grumbled. Juvia's energy sunk. She hunched over in exhaustion.

"Doesn't mean anything?" She groaned. She was clearly sick of Gray's confusing answers.

"I, uh, I mean it's not a big deal." Gray tried to recover from his word vomit. "Look, it's not that it meant nothing, alright? But you're making it a bigger thing than it really is."

"How?! All Juvia did is ask if it was a date. Gray-sama is the one who blew it out of proportion." Juvia stood back up.

He hated to admit it, but she was right. All she did was ask a question.