Chapter Two

Juvia's POV

She took deep breaths.

In and out.

In and out.

Her hands were sweating, but she kept her fists clenched.

It was her first day at Fairy Tail High School.

When she got to homeroom, the teacher told her to wait outside so he could properly introduce her to the new students.

She agreed, but it felt like she had been waiting in that hallway forever.

She didn't really care what other people thought of her. She just always got bad anxiety when being around a lot of people. Especially when they were all looking at her.

She didn't have any desire to make any friends or be the most popular girl in class. She just wanted to make it through the year, in all honesty. It was going to be tough. It was her senior year in high school, and it was already March.

"Juvia, you can come in now." Her new homeroom teacher, Mr.Conbolt, said to her. She nodded.

She slowly walked into the classroom with her head down. She turned and faced the class, but kept her head down, slightly.

"Everyone, this is our new student. She just transferred here from Phantom Lord High." Mr.Conbolt turned and faced Juvia. "Why don't you introduce yourself." He stepped aside and leaned against one of the air vents.

Juvia took one last deep breath. She slowly lifted her head up and saw her whole class staring at her.

"H-hello." She couldn't even hear herself because her heart was beating so loud. "My name's Juvia Lockser. It's uh-"

She froze.

She couldn't believe her eyes.

Sitting towards the back of the class on the right side was him.

It was Gray.

When she caught his gaze, his eyes were already wide with shock. Juvia could feel her eyes widen as well. She quietly gasped, but caught herself before she could make a fool of herself.

It was kind of too late. People were already giving her funny looks. She blinked and looked back to the center of the class.

"It's nice to meet you all." She finally said.

They all stared back, emotionless. She looked back to the floor.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Ms.Lockser. Why don't you take a seat right here." Mr.Conbolt motined his hand to a desk.

Juvia's eyes followed his hand and she felt sweat form on her brow. The seat was towards the right, but it was the front row.

She hated being in the front row.

She gave a small smile and nodded before taking her seat in the front row.

Juvia could feel eyes on her as she walked to her seat. The eyes slowly stopped to follow as she settled in, but Gray still stared. He had that same shocked expression the whole time.

Homeroom ended in about five minutes. Everyone talked to their friends, but Juvia sat and kept to herself. Completely silent.

When the bell rang she quickly went to the front pouch of her bookbag and pulled out her schedule.

Her mind flipped and flopped as she tried to map out the school in her head. She had no idea where she was going.

She looked up and saw him. Gray. He was making his way to the door.