Chapter 12

Ricky jumped over the railing and ran to Reanee. 

He kneeled beside here and heard her murmured, "My Mate," and sighed.

Then she went limp. Ricky froze and then realized who she must be talking about. He picked up his sister. 

"Chief! Please allow them to stay or  I will lose my sister!" Ricky shouted.

The Chief hesitated as Andrew's brother's head shot up surprised. 

"Yes, husband let them stay. Once Young Andrew is healed we will be able to coexist I believe," The Wise Woman replied.

Silence, then the Chief nodded.

"Bring Andrew to the Detective Agency. The roof will hold him and you! Our doctor will rake care of him!" Ricky ordered.

He then turned his back to walk away, hoping his directions were followed.

Later, Reanee was waking up as a knock on the door sounded.

"I'll get it!" Abigal replied. 

Reanee opened her eyes.

"Who are you?" Abigal asked and Reanee smiled.

Once Reanee had woken up, she knew exactly what had happened and who the man standing outside the door was.

"Allow him in!" Reanee ordered.

"Reanee?" Ricky asked, even as a 6ft man walked into the room.

"How's my brother's mate?" the man asked.

"Still a bit tired, but I'll be fine once Andrew recovers, Jonah," Reanee replied, as Jonah sat on the side of her bed, on the other side of Ricky, who was still confused.

"All these dragons are shapeshifters, Ricky," Reanee replied as Abigal walked in with some cookies.

"Oh, cookies!" Reanee giggled and sat up in bed, glad for her bightgown.

She grabbed five before anyone else did. Abigal smiled relieved.

"You gave us a scare when you passed out," Abigal replied.

"The dragons and humans are still wary of each other. I believe Jonah here is the only one whos shifted," Ricky supplied. 

Jonah shook his head.

"Andrew has talked to your Chief and all the people. They know we are shapeshifters," Jonah replied. 

Abigal laughed, "For once we are the last to know!"

Reanee snorted.

"Outside does not have a floor or walls," Reanee replied.

Silence, then Ricky and Abigal laughed.

"You told us while keeping it a secret," Ricky murmured, as another knock sounded.

"Come In!" Reanee shouted.

Another 6 ft mane walked in. Andrew was a bit more muscular than Jonah. Andrew smiled and sat down.

"Good to see you better, Andrew!" Reanee replied, warmly.

"The same to you!" Andrew agreed.

It took a few weeks for both Andrew and Reanee to fully recover. When Reanee turned 25, the Wise Woman and the Chief decided to resign. At the Ceromony, everyone was tense and uncertain, but they need not have worried. Reanee Partlow was choosen as the next Wise Woman and her mate, who took her name, became the Chief of the village. While they lived and looked after the village, everyone lived happily ever after!