Chapter 3

"Now the choosing of Property!" the Chief roared.

The Wise Woman rose her staff again and then started to point to each of those who were 18. Once the Fates gave each a property it was theirs until they died and it was passed down to their children to do with as they please. Each couple got a bare cabin, that was like their old homes, to decorate as they pleased.

The Wise Woman pointed at Reanee, then said, "You have a cabin on the out skirts of this tribe's town and 200 acres of property to do as you wish."

Gasps of surprises were heard as the deeds were put within the trunks of each members of each couple. Silence reigned as Reanee's sibilings' trunks were placed with hers. (This tribe had a lot of acres salable since the treaty with the new government and most were rented out to farmers.)

"Now the choosing of jobs!" the Chief announced, even though he still seemed quite shocked at the lost of that deed of land.

The Wise Woman started pointing at those who were 18 again. (The younger females will still be celebrating their Coming of Age ceremony once they turned 18 with some differences.They could only get jobs once they were 18.) Every male became a warrior, but each got another job as well, like becoming a lawyer, doctor, accountant, Engineer, Architect and a teacher. The three females became a teacher, nurse and a social worker. Funnily the doctor and nurse, the teachers and the lawyer and Social worker would be married. Once again Reanee was pointed at. The Wise Woman announced that Reanee's jobs would be  a business woman and a counselor. (Women who had the jobs of being a nurse, counselor or doctor had the potential of being the next Wise Woman and their Husbands the next Chief. The ceremony of the New Wise Woman happened either when the current Wise Woman died or stepped down.The Wise Woman was the 1st while the Chief was the 2nd.) Silence reigned once again as the Wise Woman lowered her staff.

"This Ceremony has ended! A dinner will be served to all at 6'o clock!" the Chief announced.

That gave those who were 18 time to settle down in their new home. Marriage and Adoptions were finalized before anyone left. Reanee and her siblings soon got their trunks to the new cabin. Each brought their own mattress. Each made their own bed. Reanee hung curtains over each window and laid her dishes in the cabinets of the kitchen. They made the cabin a home with everything they needed. They went to dinner with the rest of the tribe.