Chapter 6

The Wise Woman started to shake. The married men drew their wives behind them and backed up while Ricky glanced up at Reanee while pulling Abigal behind him. (Reanee's family was aware of her abilities, but they were also aware how limited it was.) 

"Stand Firm!" Reanee shouted.(Reanee sensed that the Wise Woman needed comfort, bit was not really dangerous. Just the information she was getting was hurting her.)

Ricky nodded an looked back at the Wise Woman. The Wise Woman shrieked again as she crumbled to the ground onto her knees.

"Go to Her!" Reanee ordered, through her link to Ricky. (Those in the audience and the Chief could not move until the ceremony was officially over.)

Reanee could sense everyone's fear and the Chief's anguish. Ricky whispered to Abigal and she nodded. They went forward and knelled beside the Wise Woman giving comfort. Reanee sent a soothing shield through Ricky's link which seemed to help. The Wise Woman calmed a bit, but whimpered. 

Ricky watched the wise woman as felt his sister's soothing shield.His fiance's eyes widened as she felt it . As the wise woman calmed, she looked right at him. (Wise Women were always able to sense power unless it was shielded by someone potentially stronger then they were.) Ricky knew this, but he also knew that Reanee had always shielded her abilities and had never used it for the Wise Woman before until now. 

"Is this power coming from you or another?" the Wise Woman whispered, so softly that he barely heard her.

"Another, but I have no right to tell who it is," Ricky replied, firmly.

Abigal and the Wise Woman understood the fierce loyalty of the Partlows to those they deemed worthy and trustworthy.(They did not tell secrets. Secrets that were potentially harmful to others, they persuaded the secret holder to come clean themselves.) The Wise Woman shuddered and her head hung downwards.

"You two will have to be my spokespeople. I am to weak from the pain to project my voice," the Wise Woman ordered.

Ricky and Abigal nodded. The Wise Woman told them what she saw. Ricky stood up while Abigal continued to lend comfort to the Wise Woman. Ricky heard a bunch of murmurs, so he looked at the Chief.

"Quiet!" the Chief ordered.

"The Wise Woman has asked me to be her spokesperson, since she is too weak at the moment to speak loudly enough," Ricky informed.

Silence! Ricky took a deep breath.

" The Wise Woman says...