✦ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈𝐈 - 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑼𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒔

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

═════════════════════════════════

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 — Planning for Evidence

═════════════════════════════════

"So you guys are still on the hunt, huh?"

Raising an eyebrow, you turn your head to see Jack approaching you and the others. "Yeah we are," you confirmed.

"Yup. Hey, here's an idea: Next time, maybe give us a hand? There is seriously something wrong with that guy," Ace remarked and frowned at Jack.

"Why're you going through all this trouble for the sake of total strangers?" Jack inquired, tilting his head with a puzzled expression.

Deuce raised his shoulders in a shrug. "I'm not sure I follow."

Jack replied, "I mean, I'd understand if you were out for vengeance for an injured friend or something,"

"Buddy, you're missing the point," Ace stated. "We're not doing this for anyone else's sake!"

"Exactly, that's right. I don't care at all if someone gets injured. I'm mainly doing this for food that Crowley primised," you stated, crossing your arms over your chest.

Deuce gave a nod of agreement. "This is just a chance for us to score some kudos by catching the culprit."

"Yeah. I'd do anything to get on my dorm's team so I can show my talent to the world!"

Grim smiled broadly and leaped. "Yeah, me too! I want to catch the guy so I can get this glorious mug of mine on TV!"

"Wow, delusional idiots," you muttered.

Jack appears taken aback by their words, blinking before rubbing the nape of his neck. "Wow. I was doubting whether I could trust people who would suffer like this for strangers," he mentioned. "But it turns out you guys're total scum."

With his arms folded across his chest, Ace gave him a fierce look. "If we're scum, then you're less than scum, because you knew all along, didn't you? You knew exactly who the culprit was."

"Is that also seen as cheating?" you inquired. "I mean, I think he's doing it for the Savanaclaw to win, given that Ruggie's focus is on those skilled in Spelldrive."