12: La Mia Luce

Eli king

I stared at my father as he stared right back at me. I didn't move, nor did he. Not even an inch. Mom always says I am a younger version of Dad, but I doubt it. Sure, I love my dad, but sometimes he becomes a pain in the ass, just like right now with that smug look. I hate that look. He does it when he knows something is up. Mom noticed it too and stared between us, hoping to get some clarity since I and Dad are good at silent conversation. I guess it's the only thing I like about Dad. Other than this he is a brat most of the time.

"You both are such kids. Come on, just talk about what you both do without me." Mom didn't hold back her annoyance. "Good thing I have Bella now. You both are annoying," she added.

Me and Dad had both noticed her liking for Bella. Her wanting daughter is accomplished. I am happy for her, and so is Dad, even if he is still wary of Bella. He is just stupid. Besides Bella is better than him.

"We play chess, sweetheart," Dad said with a shrug. Mom glares at him.

"You spoiled my child too," she said.

"He is just spoiled, not my fault."

"No, you made him emotionless like you. I thought my child would be happy," Mom said sadly.

"Mom, I am happy," I interjected.

"You know what? It's my fault that I married this emotionless monster," Mom said, pointing at Dad. Dad smirked and kissed her temple.

"Come again; you love this emotionless monster," Dad said.

"Yeah," Mom pouted. "You know what, Eli, you won't be like your dad to Bella, will you do it? "

I raised my eyebrow at her. Dad smirked at me. Mom's face brightened up. What the hell?

"We have seen the way you and Bella are being lovely," Dad said. I roll my eyes.

"I saw that too; do you like Bella?" Mom asked enthusiastically. Yeah, I know what you want Mom but not now when Bella is full of chaos and trouble.

"Seriously, guys," I said, annoyed.

"If you don't like her, then we can kick her out once she is better," Dad smirked. I stiffened up but relaxed. Mom won't let him. When Mom didn't say anything, I sighed.

"I promised to help her, so until then she is going nowhere," I said, smoothly dodging the topic. Dad didn't miss it, though, unlike Mom. We hadn't told her the truth about Bella yet. Dad didn't want to stress her, and so did I.

"Tch, then we should help her quickly, shouldn't we?" Dad asked smugly. I narrow my eyes at him.

"Bella will be such a cute daughter-in-law," Mom said, daydreaming.

"My son has a crush. Isn't he?" Dad teased.

"You both are overreacting," I replied.

"Oh, are we?" Dad smiled.

Fuck him. Do I love her? I don't know, but I don't want her to get in trouble. I had seen those empty eyes, just like Mom said Dad was before she met him. I am no good person, but mom adores her. So I will help her.

"Are you embarrassed to admit it?" Dad asked. I roll my eyes.

"You know if you like someone, then admit it; tell them because once they are gone, it's hard to deal with the pain," Mom said softly, and Dad's eyes darkened a little. An understanding passed between them.

I do care about her, but you don't need to know, at least not yet.

"She is a little brat, a troubled, and stupid girl, not to forget I almost died due to her," I said casually.

I don't mean it. She is just a little idiot, but a smart one.

"You don't have to say such mean things," Mom scolded with wide eyes. I can feel her; don't tell me.

"What do you say, Bella?" Dad asked snugly, looking behind me.

Of course. My dad looked more amused than ever.

I clenched my fist as she stepped forward with a bright smile. She doesn't look hurt, but I know that's a fake smile. She is so damn hurt. Damn it. I glare at Dad. He is the perfect person to let my anger out.

"Bella, sorry, he didn't mean it, didn't you, Eli?" Mom said, comforting Bella.

"It's okay; this is not the first time I have heard such things about me. I don't mind," she said politely.

Stop lying.

Then she left us alone.

"Unbelievable, " Mom muttered annoyed.

Mom glared at both of us and left us too. Dad sighed and glanced at me.

"I don't care what you feel about her but don't forget she is a knight. The one thing I found out is that they might be related to the mafia," Dad informed me.

I thought so. Her family is powerful and wealthy, and someone from her family is trying to hurt her. I need to act fast before they find her. I left Dad and went to Bella's room. It was mine, but now she stays here. She doesn't know about it yet. I don't mind.

Walking inside, I found her staring at the mirror blankly.

Damn it.

"Bella," I call her out gently. She stood up and glanced at me.

"Need something?" She asked with a cold tone.

I felt something between us shift, and it was my fault. I approached her and traced her cheek; this time she didn't relax at all.

"Well, I am going to sleep, so can you leave now?" She asked politely.

"Bella, talk to me," I said softly.

"Talk about what?"

"I didn't mean those words,"

"It's okay, like I said, I don't mind it."

"Don't lie."

"I am tired, Eli."

I sigh and carry her to bed, gently placing her on my lap and hugging her. She didn't move. I kiss her temple and lean my forehead against her. She stared into my eyes.

"I like you, but I am not worthy enough for you, isn't it?" She said it softly.

"Who said that?" I asked gently. She is thinking negative things again.

"You said I was," she started, but I cut her off.

"Yes, you are trouble, but mine, and of course you are stupid, but still mine, and we both know I almost got killed due to you," I explain to her.

I am not leaving until she fits it into her head.

"You are not good at comforting, King," she said, pressing her palm on my chest. I sighed content.

"Then what would you like me to do?" I ask her.

"And you would do it? Nah, "she shakes her head.

I grab her wrist, placing a kiss on it.

"Anything for you, just say it."

"Anything? " She asked, a little surprised. I nod. She caressed my jaw and then my lips.

I nod.

"La mia luce. Tu sei La luce della mia vita, " Bella whispered.

"what does it mean? " I ask.

"Nothing, "

You know what I am going to learn this language as soon as possible for my little trouble.

Her expression shifts and a mischievous smile forms on her perfect lips. She doesn't even have to say something. I know she is going to ask something crazy and I will give it to her. Somehow I know her well. Soul to soul I guess.

Whoever touched her I swear their end would be worse than living in hell. Those scars, her sadness they will pay.

If she wants them to burn then let it be.