16: Vita mia

I leaned beside Eli in a club that we entered. Today he decided to take me out since I felt too cooped up inside the house. Sure, I am healing fine, but I need to go out to relax. Eli understands that well. Libitina let me go since she felt I needed to go out. But I didn't know Eli would take me to the club.

Have you ever seen the pigs fly?

Me neither, but I heard drunk people can see such a sight. It looks like it's my day to see pigs flying.

As Eli ordered a glass of wine, I grinned. The bartender placed the shiny glass in front of Eli. I raised my hand to take it only for him to smack my hand. I pouted at him, which he ignored.

"Eli," I muttered.

"You can't drink," Eli ordered me.

I sign and lean on his shoulder, keeping an eye around us. At the corner of my eyes, I noticed a few men keeping an eye on us. Damn it. I focus back on Eli, who is busy talking to Bartender.

"Sir, I heard a few new men here are trying to find a thing," the bartender informed.

wow. Free Information. I should try this too.

"Do you know what they are trying to find out?" Eli asked.

"No. I will inform you once I find out," he informed Eli.

Eli nodded and glanced around. He messaged someone and focused on me.

"We both know what they are trying to find," I told him. He just nods and wraps his arm around my waist.

"And the only thing they will get is death," Eli said, rather possessive. I chuckled and caressed his jaw.

"Is that so, Mr. King?" I asked amused. He rolled his eyes at me, though his hold didn't loosen.

A man leaned beside him, glancing at us. His gaze was dark, but suddenly he gave us a fake smile. Andy, the judge of Eli's face, didn't like it.

"Such a cute couple," he smiled.

It reminds me of something.

Joker.

Eli rolled his eyes and ignored him, which made his expression fall. He glared and drank his wine. But I noticed a tattoo on his arm peeking out. It looked like a snake. Something like that I avoided and made me run away from my home.

I can't remember his face. Is he...

Nah, not possible. They won't know I am here. I focused back on his face, and as I stared at him, a flashback hit me.

A cage, a man, a tattoo, torture.

I rubbed my head as my vision faded away without giving me an inch of information. The man glanced at me one last time and walked away. I breathed a glance at Eli, whose eyes were already on me.

"You okay?" he asked. I nod.

"I need to go to the washroom," I told him.

He hesitated but let me go. I give him a quick smile and follow that man. It took a few minutes for him to stand in the alleyway and turn around to look at me. I paused, letting him speak nonsense.

Well, guys, now that I realize this is a trap. He got me here. I fell willingly into a trap. Nice, Bella, that's how you get murdered alone.

"Look who is here? My little soldier," he said threateningly. He knows me somehow. Serpent.

"Do I know you?" I asked rather bored. He can't hurt me yet.

"Aww, how can you forget my touch?" He asked amused.

That made me feel disgusted, but I didn't show it. I can't remember him. When I gave him no reaction, he glared at me.

"I am Davis," he said.

For a minute I was going to leave, but then I remembered something that I shouldn't.

Davis. The monster from my nightmare.

Great.

A memory hit me, causing me to step back.

I saw it through the cage. His gaze with no sympathy as he sat on top of that girl. The fear made my body shake, but my mind was emotionless as usual. The girl's belly was swollen, and my younger version couldn't understand what it was. He kicked her belly until she wasn't screaming and crying in pain. When I looked closely, she was unconscious, and there was blood under her abdomen. I was disgusted. Davis stepped back and laughed.

"Useless whore," he said, bored. Then he made eye contact with me. I didn't give him any reaction. He rolled his eyes.

"Pretty but doesn't feel pain," he muttered, stepping out of the cage.

I saw a tattoo on his back. A dragon tattoo. And another tattoo, which looked like a snake and skull. That thing will forever get embedded in my mind. One thing was clear: if I live, then I will kill him. I promised to the body of a young girl. She was never seen afterward.

After a few weeks, he came to me. And I knew I was his next target.

"Hello, pretty girl. You will be the next doll," Davis said.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a familiar presence. I was too lost to say or take any steps. I glance at Davis, who is smirking at me widely. He noticed it too, didn't he? He knows I remember. Or maybe not.

I noticed my breathing got irregular and my body was shaking. I clean my fist and take slow breaths, trying to calm my body down. No matter how strong I get, my body is still traumatized, and I always realize it too late.

It's not time to get weak.

I remind myself, but no use. Damn it. I am not getting in his catches. So I stepped back only for my vision to get blurry and the ringing in my ears to worsen. At this point, I can't hear a thing. Before I could do something, I passed out.

No, If I get in and he gets me, then he will kill me like he almost did last time if it weren't for my brother to show up.

Too bad I was lost in nightmares already.

When I gained consciousness back, I felt two arms around my waist pressing me on a warm, naked chest. I can feel him breathing and his fingers touching me.

I panic, remembering Davis.

I thought I was in the clutches of a monster, but he turned out to be the devil.

I glance up scared but then relaxed seeing pretty eyes.

"Vita mia, stai bene? ( my life, are you okay? ) " He asked.

I nod and snuggle to him not registering his words. My mind is in chaos and his comfort is the only thing that is helping me.

"Eli, " I muttered. And slowly I chanted his name. He didn't say anything and held me for the rest of the night.

For the first time in my life, I didn't lose it. I didn't lose my war. I didn't hurt myself.