Waking up and Adrian

Amethyst

I woke up in the Hospital wing. I didn't know what time or day it was, but I knew it was night. I sat up and looked around, trying to not make too much noise. Madame Pomfrey came around a corner and walked up to the bed I was laying on.

She smiled sadly and put a hand on my shoulder. "You should be fine dear. Go on and head back to your common room, don't wander." I nodded and thanked her.

I stood up and walked to the door, grabbing my things. She waved to me and I waved back.

As I walked down the dark halls, the only light was the moon and the low flames. I walked carefully and looked around me. Everything reminded me of a Victorian castle. I remember Mother showing me photos of the castle, and the gardens they had.

As I walked through the halls, I thought about what Hagrid said. Everything he said, how he knew my father and mother. I sighed and started to walk faster. I remembered what happened in Lupin's class and groaned quietly, mentally choking myself.

I hated how that played out and how everyone saw it. I wrapped my arms around my stomach and hugged myself, knowing they would've sent mother a letter. I knew I was in for something when she found out.

I finally reached the common room and whispered the password, stepping in when it opened. My head was pounding and my hands were slightly shaking. "There you are. I thought you died." I heard Tom yell. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

I turned to him and tightened my arms around me. "I just woke up in the hospital wing, I don't even know what day it is." He came up to me and hugged me tightly. "It happened earlier today. You're fine." I sighed and hugged him back.

He let go and Theo walked up to me, giving me a sad smile. Pansy was behind him, and everyone else was on the couches. He leaned down slightly and kissed the top of my head, hugging me tightly. He breathed and I hugged him back, Pansy putting a hand on my shoulder.

I sighed and patted his back, making him pull away and look down at me. "Are you okay?" I nodded and he gave me a sad look. Pansy moved him out of the way and gave me the tightest hug ever, then kissed my cheek. "Ever scare me like that and I'll kill you. I know I've barely met you but you're like a sister to me. 'Kay?" I smiled and nodded.

The others stood there and waved weakly. I waved back and sat on one of the couches. Theodore got up from his spot and sat next to me, smirking. I looked at him and then at my brothers'. They shook their heads and I looked at him again, "Either move or I'll twist your balls off." He nodded and moved back to his original spot. Once everyone was sat, I sighed. "So, what does this mean?"

No one spoke up, no one moved. It was dead silence. Theo and Tom looked at me and with a concerned look and then down at their laps. I heard little feet walking down the stairs, when I looked, my face instantly lit up. Lincy came down and ran to me, jumping in my lap. I giggled and curled up, making sure not to move her too much.

"She did eat when I tried to feed her." Pansy spoke up.
"She's a special kind of cat. And my baby at that." Theo chuckled and leaned back, sitting like a king would in a throne. "I'm going to bed."

I grabbed Lincy and went up stairs. When I reached the room, I placed Lincy on the bed and sighed. I took a shower and dried my hair. I put my jewelry away and laid down, falling asleep quickly.

  ✜»✜«✜»✜«✜»✜«✜»✜✜»✜«✜»✜«✜»✜«✜»✜✜»✜»✜«✜»✜«✜

The next few days were awkward and tiring. Friday couldn't have come sooner. I was sitting in the Great Hall, listening to Malfoy brag about how his father would be talking to the Minister about Buckbeak's 'attack'. I mostly tuned him out.

Buckbeak and I would take walks every morning and I would be back before classes. Mattheo warned me about hanging out with a 'beast', but I brushed it off.

He was going on and on before a boy came up to him. He was kinda cute, he had brown hair and a soft-sharp jaw-line. He looked at me and smiled. "What do you want, Pucey?" Theo spoke up, clearly pissed.

Malfoy looked up at him and rolled his eyes, quickly covering it up,pretending something was in his eyes. "We need you for Quidditch practice. We have permission." He explained. Malfoy looked bored and uninterested. "I'll be there in a little while. Let me finish up here." He nodded and walked off, winking at me.

I blushed and looked down at my plate, trying to hide my face. Pansy nudged my shoulder and looked at me like I said something stupid.

"Really?"
"What? He's kinda cute."

"And single for a reason." Mattheo brother spoke up. He glared at me. "Everyone knows not to trust him. Even the girls." I rolled my eyes and stood up, pausing to let the dizziness pass. "I'm going to the library. I need something for McGonagall's class."

"Put your hair up, it's in your face." Tom commented. I ignored him and walked out of the Great Hall. As soon as I exited, someone tapped my shoulder. I spun around and saw the boy from earlier leaning against the wall.

He put his hands up in a surrendering way. "I mean no harm." He smiled. I calmed down a little and smiled. "I'm Adrian. Adrian Pucey. You must be Thornhill's sister." I nodded and he pushed off the wall. "You're way more friendly than your brothers and their friends. How come?"

"That's just how I am." He smiled and walked closer to me and put his hand on the small of my back, leading me away from the Hall. "Where you headed to?"

"Library. I need a book for Transfigurations."
"I'll walk you."

I smiled and walked with him. "So, how do you like Hogwarts so far?" He started. "It's fine so far. Kinda hard to focus with everyone talking about Black's escape and the theories about how he got out." He chuckled and put his hands in his pockets. "Well he is a convicted killer. Not to mention a Death Eater."

I nodded, finding reason. He looked at me and smirked. "Are you scared?" I shook my head, chuckling. "It's more exciting, finally having something intresting happening." We got to the library, we stopped and he sighed. "It was nice talking to you..."
"Amethyst." He smiled. "Amethyst. I hope to talk to you soon." He winked and walked away, leaving me there questioning my taste in men.

I walked inside and sighed, going to find what I came for.