Chapter 60: Feeling the Kicks

As Draupadi entered her eighth month of pregnancy, the palace in Indraprastha buzzed with anticipation and joy. The Pandavas, eagerly awaiting the arrival of their six babies, surrounded Draupadi with constant care and attention.

One evening, after a day filled with gentle walks in the palace gardens and soothing massages from her husbands, Draupadi settled into a comfortable position in their private chambers. The room was softly lit by oil lamps, casting a warm glow over the scene.

Yudhishthira, Bhima, Arjuna, Nakula, and Sahadeva gathered around Draupadi, their hands gently resting on her swollen belly. They watched with wonder and excitement as Draupadi's face lit up with a smile.

"They're kicking," Draupadi exclaimed softly, her voice filled with joy.

Sure enough, as if in response to her words, one of the babies gave a gentle kick against the palm of Yudhishthira's hand. His eyes widened in amazement, feeling the tiny movement beneath his touch.

Bhima chuckled, his large hand encompassing a larger area of Draupadi's abdomen. "They're strong little ones," he remarked proudly, feeling another kick against his palm.

Arjuna, always observant, placed his hand next to Bhima's, feeling the simultaneous movements of different babies. "It's incredible," he murmured, his gaze fixed on Draupadi's face, radiant with maternal love.

Nakula and Sahadeva exchanged a smile, their hands also feeling the kicks of their unborn children. "Each one has their own personality already," Nakula mused, his voice tinged with awe.

Draupadi closed her eyes, relishing the sensation of her husbands' hands on her belly, connected with their growing family in a way words could not fully express. She felt a deep sense of gratitude for this moment, knowing that despite the challenges they faced, their love and unity were unwavering.

As the evening wore on, the Pandavas continued to feel the babies' movements, each kick and flutter strengthening their bond with the unborn children. They whispered words of love and encouragement to Draupadi, promising to be there for her and the babies every step of the way.

In the quiet of their chambers, surrounded by the love of her husbands and the gentle movements of their unborn children, Draupadi felt a profound sense of peace and contentment. She knew that as they awaited the arrival of their little ones, their family was already whole, bound together by love, devotion, and the promise of a bright future.