The Static's Call

12/7/41 - The Static's Call

I heard of the attack on pearl harbor today, it's insane to imagine it could be done. But, it wasn't without my own benefit.

See, my husband has been growing ever more... restless. Saying that they hear... me, in the static. And at first, I thought it was due to the recording he was watching. But now? I had him listen to regular radio, and he agreed it was still... me.

It's insane to imagine, but, maybe I'm influencing it as it is me? Perhaps, but it's... no, it's entirely plausible.

So, I've had him begin writing this static down for me, what I'm saying in it. What it was... I'll leave it by the machine I plan to use to perform the experiment. It seems to be a way of recording oneself.

If this works, I believe I'll finally, truly, understand the static.

But...

...what then? My entire life has been built around this... search. This longing for completion, for understanding. So what when it ends? Will I be left feeling... hollow? Should I ever reach completion at all?

...No, that's ridiculous. I will simply share the truth with others.

And that's... the final entry. Share the truth? But she's long gone, it seems.

You do think back to that nightmare you had... perhaps finding it here, you'll find where she went?

Going to the back of the house, there's a cellar door, and slowly creaking it open, you climb down it.

Within is the bed, a few chairs, tvs and radios, and a set up to record, like for a broadcast. Now, how could you do this?

Perhaps setting up the various sources of static? Yes, maybe full immersion is the method to best catch up to her.

No, you're sure it is.

First, you turn on the radio. A static hum fills your ears, and a very faint metallic taste covers your tongue, like the aftertaste of a penny.

Then, you turn on the tv, the static buzz strange yet comforting, your ears and tail bone starting to itch and scratch.

Next, you take a book and place it in front of the recording set up, facing you, so you may read between the lines yet again.

Then, as you go to turn on the recording set up, you hear something in the static...well, not quite hear, it's the same repeating noise as it always has, but now it has a kind of meaning. Your skin itches, as you follow the... vague meaning behind it.

Taking a pen and paper, you write what you've done so far, so that someone else would be able to replicate it, before you hear the static call you.

With that, the pieces are complete, and you answer...

The Static's Call.

Y/N - Deceased

Found dead on December 14th, within the cellar of a missing Vera Mercury.

Cause of Death: Unknown.

Their body was covered in welts and burns, as well as swelling. That was not the worst of it, however, as their body was covered in their own blood. It was as if their body just rejected all the blood from itself, at once. It was... horrifying.