Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

On the sixth day of Willow breathing the same air as ours, we get a knock on the door. Peeta who was up half the night with Willow sleeps soundly and doesn't hear it. I rise from the bed quickly and silently as to not wake up Peeta or Willow. It's not early, but the current sleep schedule we have is all over the place. I pad over to the door, unlocking it and see Cressida standing with a small smile on her face.
"Morning Katniss." She greets.
I look inside the room and see Peeta turn over in his sleep and then cock my head towards the hallway and step outside with her, letting the door shut behind me.
"Hey, sorry Peeta and Willow are still sleeping, was a long night." I rub my eyes, getting used to the lights being on out here as I try to stifle a yawn.

"Oh I'm sorry, how is life with your little one?" Cressida asks. I know it's probably just small talk, because there is no other reason for her to be here other than to talk about my 'funeral' footage we have to shoot soon.
I think back to the last few days that we have had with her and it has been joyful. It's been exhausting, we've had lots of visitors who have come to see how we are going and to gawk at the creation we had made. I know that Prim is smitten with Willow already, she has been here twice each day making sure to get in her aunty and niece fix. She comes every morning after breakfast and then between reflection and dinner time. It's nice having people to come and help us watch her or look after her even for a few minutes so we can have some time to breathe. I love her with all my heart and couldn't imagine my life without her in there, but this small little bundle of joy we have is taking all the time we have. I would never say it's an inconvenience because I don't know how much longer I will have with my daughter. I have to start training soon to go into the Capitol to take down Snow and end everything for good. I may die out there, I don't know. I try not to think about it and respond with, "Amazing."

She smirks in response and looks to the flashing communicuff on her arm and her face scrunches up.
"I'm so glad, Katniss." A second passes and she lets out a breath, time to get down to business of course.
"So, I don't want to burst the newborn bubble you two are currently in, but we have to shoot this 'live funeral' very soon with your daughter still being a fresh newborn."
I nod my head in understanding. This was my idea, I can't back out now. We are too deep into the organisation of it all.
"The Katniss corpse is all set and ready to go, looking terrifyingly like you. We plan to do it tomorrow afternoon if that is okay with you?"
I nod my head.

"We can get the word out to everyone else, but if you could just let Peeta know that this is going to happen tomorrow, we can set everything up. President Coin is planning on making it a mandatory event for all Thirteen, so it will be on everyone's schedules tomorrow. She will also be making an announcement about this fake funeral at sixteen-hundred today so people know what the new addition is on the schedules tomorrow. It will take place in the same place as Finnick and Annie's wedding. You cannot be there though. Today at the announcement you are welcome to come and stand alongside Coin so the people know what importance this is, but tomorrow to avoid any accidental footage of you being there, we cannot have you even on the floor."
With a nod in understanding, I think about having to see Coin again. I don't want too, I know she will be wanting to mention the mission and when I need to start my training so I can be at my top game for the mission. I don't want to interrupt my bubble yet, but time is something we don't have to spare.

"I'll let Peeta know. And we will make sure to be there today, if you can let Coin know?"
"Of course, Katniss."
I let out a hard breath, everything that we have been planning for weeks, months even, are coming up.
"I know it's the last thing on your mind, but this rebellion is reaching the end. With you, we will make sure to end this for good. Snow's blood spilling announcing the end of this will be with the flying arrow of Katniss Everdeen."
Hearing the main reason for all this prep and fake pain we will be putting our family through will be for Snow dead and for this all to be over. The thought makes my lips turn up. A safe world for our baby to grow up without the fear of going into the Games, this is the end goal and it's coming into focus every single day.
"I'm ready for this to be over." I tell her, determination in my voice.
"You and the rest of Panem, bring it on." She gives me another smirk and then turns on her heels.
"We will see you later on, Mockingjay."
A name I will need to get used to hearing again.

:-: