Chapter- 12☆Awkward☆

Third Person's POV

   You sighed as you felt your stomach silently rumbling. The school was finally over and you were packing your bag hurriedly.

  'God why am i so irritated over food!' you thought as you breathed out some words. You picked up your bag after finishing up and left from the staff room.

You placed your hands on your stomach as it ached with lack of food, you internally cursed your fate as you walked down the hallway. You had been making complaints in your mind over food since lunch break though, it didn't help much.

You convinced yourself saying that the people fast all day and still be okay so you weren't going to end up dead. Not that you would but still you weren't fasting which meant you had every right to eat food. It mad you irritate.

The things happening with you were getting out of hand, first you met with vinay who denied to recognize you and now you were as good as a fasting person. You blamed your annoyance to the lack of nutrition and vitamin in your system and kept walking.

"Miss!" You heard a voice and turned your head towards the source. Nidhi was sitting in one of the stairs outside the school ground. You looked at her and your mood began to heal.

"Nidhi, what are you doing here? Your uniform will get dirty" you walked towards her and took out a handkerchief from your bag before placing it down besides nidhi. "Sit here, this way your uniform won't get dirty" you said with a warm smile on your face.

She looked at you for a moment and hesitantly sat on the place where the  handkerchief was placed. "You're very nice, miss y/n" she said in her Innocent voice.

You just smiled at her comment and pinched her cheeks softly not to hurt her. "And you're so cutee!" You exclaimed as you both laughed. "Why are you sitting out here?"

"Oh, i was waiting for baby" she said and drew shapes on the ground with her  finger.

Why does she call vijay baby? You wondered but shrugged it off soon.

"Does your stomach hurt?" Nidhi asked now stopping the activity she was initially doing.

"What?" You blurted without thinking, struggling to understand why she had said that. "N..no it doesn't"

"I saw you clenching you stomach... Does it hurt?" She asked concern lacing in her voice and her eyes.

"No, no it's just that i was hun....gry" your voice trailed off as you looked down in embarrassment. What were you doing telling a child that an adult like yourself was complaining about lack of food?. Your face heated with the growing embarrassment as you felt  a tap on your arm.

"Here, you can take this" nidhi said as she handed you a toffee. You looked at her with surprised eyes but soon it soften. You reached your hand and took the toffee from her hands.

"Is this for me? Because i said i was hungry?" You asked showing the toffee in your hand. She looked at the toffee and nodded. "Cute!" You patted her head as she smiled.

"Mama" you heard Vijay's voice and the both of you turned around towards him.
"What are you doing here?, let's go" he said as nidhi stood up from the ground and took the handkerchief.

"Baby! I was giving chocolate to miss
y/n" she said as your eyes widened in nervousness. What if she said you were hungry infront of vijay? An adult taking toffee from a child?. "She said she was hu-" she bagan to speak as you quickly got up calling her name.

"Nidhi, s-see you tomorrow!" You said and started walking quickly towards the exit. You breathed in relief as now you were leaving.

"Miss! I will give you your handkerchief tomorrow!" Nidhi shouted from a distance and you waved her goodbye with a smile.

She's such a nice girl-

"Oh! And I'll give you another chocolate if you're still hungry!" She added as your steps halted. Your smile dropped as you looked around feeling the gaze of many staffs and children.

Or overly nice.

Why say that so loudly!?

Your felt your face getting warm as you felt embarrassed. You ran from there and left the school through the school gate quickly as if your life depended on it.

'Nidhi you're an angel but why are you playing the role of devil right now?' you thought while you ran home that day.

.

.

.

.

"Why are you smiling, baby?" Nidhi asked as vijay just looked at her confused.

Was he smiling?

"Nothing let's go" he said and took nidhi in his arms, walking towards his bike. He placed nidhi in the front and sat on the bike. "Oh today we're stopping by the bakery" he announced and started the bike engine.

"Really? Then I'll get some for tiger!" nidhi exclaimed excitedly as the bike started moving.

(Tiger- their dog)

.

.

.

"Are you in a good mood toady?" A voice called as vijay was currently looking at today's sales. He turned around towards the voice.

"Ranjendra, do i seem to be in a good mood?" He asked as rajendra walked beside vijay nodding his head. "Nidhi said the sme thing, that i was smiling" he asked with confusion dripping from his voice.

"Did something happen today?.." ranjendra asked carefully as vijay went into thinking.

"No, today i picked nidhi from school...." Vijay trailed off his sentence disappearing as his features soften thinking about today's incidents.

Ranjendra smiled as he witnessed vijay being lost in thought. He hadn't seen this ide of vijay since that day.

"Do you remember..i told you that i met y/n at nidhi's school?" Vijay stated as he pulled himself out of his thoughts.

"Y/n madam? Yes, you said you refused to recognize her and acted as Joseph infront of her" rajendra said and sat on one of the chairs. "Why don't you tell her everything?" He suggested.

"I want to.." vijay voiced out his thoughts as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I want to but..." He paused.

"But?" Rajendra questioned as he waited for vijay to continue.

"But if i tell her then it would mean i have to go back to the past, i have to connect to things i left behind...i just-" vijay stated and breathed out a harsh breath remembering the incident.

"It's your choice, if you want to tell her or not" rajendra said nodding his head.
"But, she'll forever expect answers from you. She's not someone you can hide from and you know it well" rajendra voiced out and got up from his chair, leaving vijay to sort out his thoughts alone.

Vijay sat there for which seemed like forever sorting out his thoughts, alone.

"Nidhi, s-see you tomorrow!"

Vijay remembered the incident from earlier today. A soft chuckle escaped from his mouth.

"... let's get going" vijay got up from the chair determined about his decision.

________________________________

This time i was not so late to upload right?????

And I'm so happy that this story is being  acknowledge by all of you!

I mean it's taken from a movie so of course I can't take it as my story so i was questioning my story making skills but I'm glad it's somewhat being enjoyed by you.

And follow me on Instagram if you haven't!

Insta acc : alien_heart00 /alienheart_author

Bye!!!

Word count- 1774

乁⁠[⁠ᓀ⁠˵⁠▾⁠˵⁠ᓂ⁠]⁠ㄏ