27~ Who are they?

I slowly opened the diary, which contained the scribbles of my past self. Like the first page, this page also contains a simple paragraph.

They call me mute,  They say that I don't belong here.

Then why was I invited here? Why did they have to make me suffer?

This is not my family, nor do I feel like they are mine

I miss Appa...The king is kind enough, but he will never be my Appa

My eyebrows pulled together at the words I read; why did I mention King and Appa separately? But before I could proceed to the next page, I got interrupted; I turned to find Satya standing in my chamber. A small smile erupted on my lips as I nodded at her.

'Your Uncle, The Crown Prince of ChandraPura, Amritanshu, wants to meet you, Princess' Her words made my eyebrows shoot up.

'My Uncle?' I asked once again, and she nodded. I licked my lips as I continued,' Does he say why he wants to meet me?' I asked and immediately mentally slapped myself. He is a crown prince, and my uncle is, so why would he tell Satya this?

'No, Princess, he doesn't, but if you want to know before seeing him, I will get that info.' I quickly shook my head, not wanting to put her in any situation when I was unsure what kind of person he was still.

'That's not needed. Please let him in,' I whispered as I settled the diary at my safe place. I stood at the centre of my chamber, exhaling as I waited for his presence inside.

There he is, wanting inside my chamber with a big smile adorning his lips as fine silk draped onto his body. 

'Ah, Shambhavi, Princess, ' he said as he came and stood before me. I put out my best smile to make him feel welcome.

'You ain't gonna welcome me? By speaking?' He smirked as my smile dropped. He knew.

'I am sorry, Uncle, I didn't know you knew about my condition' I tried to reason with him, but mostly, I tried to reason with myself. I smiled again as I continued, 'To what do I owe the pleasure of you being here?' I asked politely, my eyes scanning his movements. He carelessly walked across my chamber, where he smelled the roses too close. He smiled at them as he picked one from the vase and walked towards me. I clutched the sides of my skirts.

'Well, does an Uncle need a reason to visit his niece?' He asked as he came and stood before me, leaving barely room for me to move.

'Of course not. You are always welcome,' I whispered back and moved backwards, trying to create room between us. The closeness made me nauseating to the core. I watched his eyes draft and scan my body from head to toe, making me more uncomfortable. 

'Have you not adorned your hair with flowers today?' he asked as I narrowed my eyes. Unconsciously, my hand went back and touched my head. I slowly nodded.

'Ah, that's a shame. A beautiful hair like yours should always be adorned and jewelled with fragments of flowers, ' he said as he circled me. I turned my head slowly, keeping with his movements. Before I could turn around, I could feel him standing behind me, too close to be exact.

I felt his fingers part my hair and tuck them behind my left arm. I clutched my hands at the side of my skirt and felt his hands touching my skin behind my ears.

'There it is,' he whispered as I felt him tuck something in my hair. 'A rose for a princess of the realm,' he whispered, and I nodded, thanking him. I hoped he would leave me and move away, but he didn't. I thought maybe I should call Satya in, but my voice didn't seem to be out. I gasped in silence as I felt his lips near my ear, and my eyes widened.