Chapter 64

~xiomara~

I didn't move away from Santiago's side for the reminder of the day, terrified hed slip away from me again. To be honest, I believe my protective instinct has gotten out of hand, but I cant help it. the thought of loosing him was killing me on the inside, and it was something I didn't want to experience again, or ever.

Despite Santiago's complaints of leaving the hospital, stating he was fine to leave, I stayed with him over night since, I along with his mother, didn't want him to leave for at least another day. I knew hed be okay if he left; nothing seemed to bother him, let alone hurt him, but I still wanted him to spend another day just in case.

It was now Wednesday morning, Santiago was currently showering while I sat on his hospital bed buried in my own thoughts.

If you Cross me again just remember that a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor

a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor...

that son of a bitch

getting up from my seat I started looking for my phone, I wasn't sure what to make of this new anger inside of me; it surprised me at first, but its now gradually getting stronger and nothing bothering me. Massimo shot him but why would he say i told him, i didnt tell him anything. If anything he was in the dark about all of this everyone is. 

Hell i bet i look like a crazy woman right now more than anything. 

The door of Santiago's room abruptly opened revealing Taimaan. As he walked through with a bag in his hand, he ginned at me

"mom packed you a few clothes and books" Taimaan said handing me the bag

"oh yeah, did you get the extra stuff I asked for?" I asked him lying

"nah she didn't tell me anything about that, I can go back and get it" he said

"uhm you know what I can get it, mind borrowing me your car, I need to shower"

"you sure?" he asked me

"yeah do me a favour"

"anything"

"stay with Santiago and make sure he doesn't leave please" I asked him

He nodded and tossed me his car keys, nodding at him he walked out. I sighed and reached for the two novels hed brought me, both of which are among my favourite. I set it on the table next to the bed and put my clean clothes in the bag aside. Santiago emerged from the bathroom just as I was finishing up.

My gaze was drawn to him, he was dressed in all black fitted t-shirt and grey sweatpants, his hair damp and flowing over his forehead. I bit my lower lip and averted my gaze from his god-like figure.

"How are you feeling" I asked him, scooting over on the bed making room for him

"Fine" he replies

Santiago lays down on the bed and pulls out his phone and begins messaging people I assumed.

"Have you seen my phone?" I asked him

"Oh yeah it's charging in the bathroom" he said

Getting up I went to the bathroom and got it, stuffing it in my pocket I got out the bathroom

"Hey listen ima need to step out for a little bit" I told him

"Oh yeah, I can send one of my men" he said giving him undivided attention

"No need for that I just need to get a few more things and I'll be back" I told him

Santiago studied me and I leaned on the window sill he got up and walked over to me