DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE

After seeing how traumatic Roy's death (murder) was for the children, Pita decided to keep to his promise and get them a pet rabbit even though he had no intention of buying them a rabbit when he made the promise.

So after going hunting one morning, Pita went to the pet shop.

He chose a rabbit which had white skin with brown spots and brought it to the till.

The woman at the till gave him a concerned look. "Urm are you going to buy this rabbit sir?"

"Well yes that's why I've brought it up to the counter" he said in a sassy tone.

The woman sighed. "I'm afraid I cannot allow you to buy this rabbit".

Pita frowned. "No! I will leave this shop today with the rabbit!" He said firmly

The woman pointed to a sign on the entrance of the pet shop. "There is actually a sign on the door which says that you aren't allowed in this shop", she said. "I'm not sure how you made it past security".

"I paid them a large sum of money" he said in a dry tone, obviously bored of the conversation and growing impatient.

"Well I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to lea-". She stopped in astonishment.

He had started climbing up on to the counter. When on top he exclaimed, "I am Pita Bread, victor from district 12! I have fought in the hunger games for crying out loud! And you won't give me a rabbit! I've killed for you, for us all! Give me my bloody rabbit!"

People were staring now

"Yes sir, nobody is disputing the sacrifices you have made but it doesn't change the fact that you tied your previous pet to a tree, burnt it alive and ate it's ashes! We have a duty of care to these animals and the manager has made it very clear that we cannot sell you any more animals. " She explained calmly, trying not to gather an audience around them.

"I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER!" Pita demanded

The woman took him to the managers office. Through the office door window the manager saw Pita and locked door immediately. "ASHLEY I THOUGHT I MADE IT CLEAR THAT HE ISN'T ALLOWED IN HERE!" He shouted from the other side of the door.

"yes sorry about that sir but he kind of demanded to see you and with his previous track record of..." She whispered now "going insane...  I didn't really fancy taking the risk of being strangled to death so I did as he asked"

"You could have taken one for the team!" He rolled his eyes. "Well Mr Bread, as I'm sure my colleague has informed you, you are not allowed to buy that rabbit, YOU AREN'T EVEN ALLOWED IN THE SHOP!" the manager explained.

"may I plead my case sir?" Pita asked

The manager nodded.

"It wasn't me who wanted to kill the cat, that was my darling but low-key delusional wife Kantkiss. I didn't actually want to burn him either. I would have cooked him. Burning him was sort of a waste" Pita explained

"This really isn't helping your case sir. Even if it wasn't you who WANTED to kill the cat, you would still be taking this rabbit into a home which is also home to a CAT KILLER which isn't a safe environment for it. I advise that you leave my shop before I have to call the peacekeepers" his words sounded muffled due to the door between him and Pita.

Pita clearly misheard

"I have no clue what you just said but I assume that you agreed to let me have the rabbit, and free too because of my sacrifices..."

He started to leave the shop.

"ASHLEY stop him god damnit!!!" The manager yelled from inside the office.