t h r e e

the next morning, charlie slept peacefully in her bed. her blanket wrapped around her like a burrito. the sun was beaming through her blinds causing the girl to stir. usually, waking up was a simple task for charlie since she always had classes in the morning. she groaned when the first beam of sunlight hit her face. looking up her alarm clock on her nightstand, charlie looked at the time and it showed 7am. her class starts at 8:30am.

crawling out from her warm bed, charlie walked into the bathroom and turned on the tap water, letting the water flow as she grabbed her toothbrush.

meanwhile, isla was still asleep in her bed, arms spread out and soft snores were heard.

after washing up, charlie walked over to her closet and looked through it before deciding on a black cargo pants, simple white t-shirt and a black blazer as an outerwear. as for her shoes, she put on her white chunky sneakers.

completing her outfit, charlie smiled proudly at her reflection in the mirror then walked over to her bed to grab her messenger bag filled with her books. she crossed the bag over her body and left her dorm after quickly writing a note to let isla know she was off to class.

charlie went to the ground floor of the dormitory and went over to grab her bicycle on the bike rack, unlocking it. it was almost her everyday routine. sometimes with isla. the two would use their bikes to get to class, enjoying the morning breeze. it's also easier and faster.

when charlie was about to bike away, she saw a familiar figure walking from the block b dormitory while on their phone. charlie's lips curved into a smile and slowly bike towards the girl. "hey, myers. walking to class?" she greeted and caught the girl's attention.

emma turned to look at her and her eyes lit up. "charlie!"

"are you heading to class too?" emma asked, sending the girl a smile. "mm-hmm, you want a ride?" charlie offered, patting on the backseat of her bicycle. "are you sure?" emma questioned with a chuckle. "yeah, come on!" charlie insisted.

"you better not drop me, ford!" emma warned before getting on the back, sitting sideways. "yes, maam!" charlie joked and nodded to herself.

"hold on tight." she told the girl as they started cycling towards the campus. the morning sun casts a warm glow as two friends ride a bike down a tree-lined street on their way to campus. emma was wearing a slightly oversized sweater, sitting on the back, arms casually draped around charlie's waist. charlie confidently pedal, navigating the gentle slope of the road. the bike wobbles slightly under the weight of two, but they laugh, enjoying the breeze and the shared moment.

the campus looms ahead, with its brick buildings and students scattered across the lawn. the trees lining the path sway gently, the leaves whispering in the wind. charlie rings the bell playfully as they approach the entrance, and both of them share a look of excitement, ready to tackle another day together.

"thanks again," emma thanked and got off the bike. "what time do you finish class?" charlie questioned, pushing her bike to the bike rack. "uhm, 1 pm." emma replied, glancing at her wrist watch. "i'll probably go to the library after that. then i have a class at 4 to 6." she told the girl who nodded as she spoke. "ah," charlie thought for a bit.

"i'll wait here for you then we'll walk back together." the taller girl spoke. "is that okay?" she asked. emma smiled up at charlie. "okay," she let out a chuckle. charlie's smile grew, "great! i'll wait here for you when you finish." she assured.

"okay, i'll see you later." emma gave charlie a small wave before walking inside, heading to her class. "bye!" charlie smiled widely then she chuckled to herself after emma walked inside. "yes!" she whispered.