Epilogue Episode 4

Stark County.
5 days after Lincoln and Helsing's return.

Ronnie is still wearing the ring from before he left. Helsing's apartment is still cleaned of the empty bottles that once were littered about. Everything has a new sanity to it all and the town has an order that was previously disturbed so greatly that everyone found themselves nearing primal and anarchical. It was comforting to be civil again, with hellos and goodbyes being casually spoken without the tension of agitation slipping through. The sunny feeling of worries having washed away, and what now remains is a beautiful arrangement of colorful town buildings surrounded by wonderfully green trees.

     Though, some areas of Stark County stayed ominous and foreboding. Down a dark path overcast with dense greenery which concealed all moonlight, Helsing walked alone holding a lantern. The slightest noises, however sudden or close, made him pause and take extra caution. A flock of birds of some kind all rushed from their perches all at once above him, which caused him to stop for a moment before proceeding. The light of the lantern made his surroundings warm, but it did not prevent the air of unease. What he wished to find on this short venture was the reassuring truth that no vampires stalked Stark anymore. He had to check, however, because the man he is, he could never let things go unknown.

Crack! Snap!

     He whipped around. Was something following him, he wondered. The sounds came from the ground only a short distance away. His ears wouldn't fool him this way; his instinct had to be ringing true. He drew his dagger and pointed it. He held the lantern high, but no one shone in its boundary. "You who goest this path behind me, what business do you have following me so closely and suspiciously? If you do not answer immediately, I expect violence will ensue between us." He waited, and he increasingly felt tension augmented by the quiet. Right before he decided to charge, a voice spoke back to him.

"I mean no harm. Please, pardon my rudeness," said the voice.

"Who are you?"

"Lucy. My name is Lucy."

"Why do you hold your tongue, so?"

"I didn't want to frighten you. I should've made myself known. I apologize."

"And what do you want?"

"...I want to see my brother Lincoln."

"Come into the light."

She stepped out into the lantern light. Her hair blended with the darkness and her skin was awfully pale.

"Now," Helsing said, "you're related to Lincoln?"

"Yes."

"Impossible. Lincoln told me the story of his family. They were turned to vampires. If you were related to him, I'd almost suspect you'd have fangs."

She took a few steps closer and peeled back her top lip, revealing two vampiric fangs. Helsing gripped his dagger tightly and grimaced.

"Like hell you're seeing Lincoln. I don't make deals with vampires. In fact, I have something else in mind for your kind."

"Please, sir. You can jail me if you have to. I wont harm anyone. I just wish to see him one more time, then I promise I'll leave this town and never return."

He hesitated, thinking to himself. Lincoln is a vampire. He almost forgot that. He himself was a werewolf, though ever since Zayus disappeared, his ability to turn has been absent, as there hadn't been a full moon since. Beasts can be benevolent. Maybe rage was the wrong way to handle this.

"Alright. I'll speak with him. But until then I can't have you roaming the County's woods."

"Then what do you plan for me?"

He reached into his pouch and retrieved a length of rope, which he pulled tightly betwixt his fists.

"Just stay still for me, alright?"