CHAPTER SEVEN☺️😂🦋

Ethan's POV

I gazed blankly at my coffee, my mind consumed by thoughts of Emily. Her name was stuck in my head like a persistent earworm. Every other girl I'd met had practically fallen over themselves to get my attention, but Emily was the complete opposite. She was a mystery I couldn't figure out.

As I replayed our last encounter the other day at the same coffee shop in my head , I realized I'd actually found her physically attractive. Her smooth, brown skin glowed with a healthy radiance, her long hair cascaded down her back in luscious waves, and her grey eyes sparkled with a sharp intelligence. And her curves? They were undeniably eye-catching. But her demeanor? That was a different story altogether. She'd been standoffish, guarded, and totally unimpressed by me. It was like she'd erected a fortress around herself, daring me to try and get close.

I couldn't help but wonder what made her tick. Was she always this aloof, or was there a softer side hidden beneath that tough exterior? I felt a sudden urge to find out, to dig beneath the surface and uncover the secrets she seemed to be keeping.

"Hey bro, is anything wrong?"Liam said, interrupting my thoughts.

I turned to face Liam, turning down the volume on my thoughts. "Nah, man, I'm good," I replied, trying to sound nonchalant despite my mind still racing from the encounter with Emily.

Liam raised an eyebrow, his expression skeptical. "You sure, bro? You've been spaced out for the past hour. Everything okay?"

"Julian raised an eyebrow, his eyes glinting with mischief. "Hmm, or do you miss Bianca?" he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "I could call her right now if you want."

I chuckled, trying to sound nonchalant. "Nah, I'm good."

Julian snorted, his expression skeptical. "Okay, if you say so." He paused, his eyes narrowing slightly. "But I know you're thinking about someone."

I shook my head, trying to maintain my cool facade. "Julian, man, I'm telling you, I'm just chillin'."

Caleb leaned in, his voice taking on a conspiratorial tone. "Come on, spill the beans. Who got you all distracted?"

I laughed, trying to deflect. "No one, Caleb. Just my own thoughts."

Liam grinned, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "Sure, bro, keep telling yourself that.

He winked at me, and I knew he was just trying to get a rise out of me. But I wasn't having it. I just shook my head and laughed, trying to play it cool. Little did he know, my mind was still stuck on Emily...

"Time for me to head out," I said, standing up and finishing my coffee. "I've got a lot to study for and I want to get a good start."

Michael nodded. "Alright, see you in class."

I shook hands with Michael, Julian, Liam, and Caleb, giving each of them a friendly nod. "Later, guys."

I slipped into the library, trying to avoid drawing attention to myself. I needed a private room to study, and I couldn't afford any distractions - especially not the kind that came with girls gazing at me adoringly. I made my way to the third floor, keeping a low profile.

When I reached the circulation desk, I was slightly disappointed to see that the librarian was a woman. I just wanted to focus on my studies, not navigate any... let's say, "friendly" interactions.

"Hi, I need a private room," I said, trying to sound firm but polite.

She smiled and batted her eyelashes, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Well, hello there! I'd be happy to help you with that."