Digital Pet

The next few days passed in a semblance of normalcy. Classes resumed their usual rhythm, and the strange events with Shadi seemed like a distant memory. Anzu, Kara, and I settled back into our routines, and life felt almost normal again.

One afternoon, after school, I headed to Mrs. Knight's fashion studio, Knight Parlor, for a modeling session. Tanya's mother had been eager to have me model one of her latest designs, and I was excited to help out. The Nile blue dress I was set to wear was a masterpiece, its flowing fabric and intricate details evoking the elegance of ancient Egyptian royalty.

As I finished getting ready, I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. The dress fit perfectly, its color highlighting my features in a way that made me feel both powerful and graceful. With a final adjustment to the bracelet on my wrist, I stepped out onto the set.

The photographer, Mrs. Knight, and a few assistants bustled around, preparing for the shoot. I struck a few poses, feeling the fabric swish around me with each movement. The flash of the camera became a rhythmic pulse, and for a while, I lost myself in the moment.

Unbeknownst to me, Yugi and the gang had decided to drop by the studio. They entered quietly, curious to see what I was up to. As the final shots were taken, I noticed them standing at the edge of the room, watching with wide-eyed fascination.

"Britt! You look amazing!" Anzu called out, a big smile on her face.

I smiled back, feeling a slight blush rise to my cheeks. "Thanks, Anzu. I'm just about finished here."

Mrs. Knight approached, beaming with pride. "Britt, you've outdone yourself. The dress looks stunning on you."

"Thank you, Mrs. Knight," I replied, grateful for the compliment.

As I stepped off the set, Yugi and the others came over to greet me. Jonouchi whistled appreciatively. "Wow, Britt. That dress is something else!"

"Yeah, you look like a real princess," Honda added with a grin.

I laughed, feeling a mix of embarrassment and joy. "Thanks, guys. I'm glad you could come by."

"We wanted to see you in action," Yugi said, his eyes shining with admiration. "You did great."

We chatted for a while, catching up on the past few days. It felt good to relax and enjoy their company without the looming threat of danger. As we talked, Mrs. Knight approached us with a thoughtful expression.

"You know," she said, looking at the group, "I have an idea for a special shoot. How would you all like to be part of it?"

The suggestion took us by surprise, and we exchanged curious glances. "What kind of shoot?" Anzu asked.

"A themed shoot," Mrs. Knight explained. "I'm thinking something that combines modern fashion with ancient Egyptian elements. Britt, you could be the centerpiece, and your friends can be part of the scene."

The idea was met with enthusiastic nods and excited chatter. It sounded like a fun way to spend the afternoon, and I couldn't wait to see what Mrs. Knight had in store.

"Let's do it," I said, feeling a surge of excitement. "It'll be great."

As we prepared for the special shoot, I couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment. For now, we were just a group of friends having fun, and it was a welcome respite from the challenges we had faced. Little did we know, our bond and newfound unity would soon be tested again. But for now, we were ready to enjoy the moment and create memories that would last a lifetime.

As we prepared for the special shoot, I felt a familiar warmth from my bracelet.

You look amazing, Britt, Yami's voice echoed in my mind.