Capmon & Secret Admirers/Natalie Darkhar

The last few weeks have been a mix of normalcy and tension. School has felt like a routine, but that sense of normalcy is shattered by the arrival of Natalie Darkhar. Of course, she ended up in my class, adding to my growing unease. I catch myself glancing her way more often than I'd like, each time feeling a pang of panic. My vision from before and the memory of that pain linger in my mind. It's like she's a shadow I can't escape.

In the midst of this, I've been getting letters from a secret admirer. They come regularly, each one more poetic and heartfelt than the last. I don't recognize the handwriting, and while I appreciate the sentiment, it only adds to my stress. Who could be sending these? And why now, when I'm already dealing with so much?

Despite my best efforts to act normal, I find myself distracted. Yugi, Anzu, and the others notice my preoccupation, though they don't know the full story. I try to mask my anxiety, focusing on schoolwork and conversations with friends, but it's difficult to stay composed.

One afternoon, as I'm heading to my locker, I spot Natalie chatting with some of our classmates. Her presence is a constant reminder of my worries, and I can't help but feel on edge. I grab my books and turn away quickly, hoping she didn't notice me.

Later that day, I'm sitting in the library when I receive another letter. This one is particularly sweet, filled with lines that make my cheeks flush. I tuck it away carefully, feeling a mix of curiosity and confusion. The words are kind, but I can't shake the feeling that something isn't quite right.

When I meet up with Anzu, Yugi, and the others, I do my best to appear cheerful. Anzu, ever perceptive, raises an eyebrow at me but doesn't press for details. We talk about schoolwork and plans for the weekend, but I find it hard to concentrate. My mind keeps drifting back to Natalie and the mystery of the letters.

As we walk home, Yugi catches up with me, his usual concern evident. "Hey, Britt, are you okay? You've seemed a bit off lately."

I offer him a reassuring smile. "I'm fine, just a lot on my mind."

He nods, though I can tell he's not entirely convinced. "If you need to talk, I'm here."

I appreciate the offer and nod gratefully. "Thanks, Yugi. I'll keep that in mind."

The rest of the day passes in a blur. I can't shake the feeling that something is brewing just beneath the surface. I hope that in time, I'll be able to piece together the mysteries of Natalie and my secret admirer. For now, all I can do is keep my head up and try to manage the best I can.

As I prepare for bed, I find myself staring at the letter from earlier, wondering who might be behind it. The uncertainty is frustrating, but for now, all I can do is wait and hope for answers.

I'm lying in bed, the covers pulled up to my chin as I stare at the ceiling. The letters from my secret admirer are stashed safely in my drawer, but their lingering words still occupy my thoughts. I can't shake the unease I feel about Natalie and the mounting tension. My mind races as I try to make sense of it all.

Suddenly, the shadows in my room begin to shift and darken, growing more pronounced. My breath catches in my throat, and I sit up quickly, trying to make sense of the shifting darkness. Before I can react, Yami materializes out of the shadows, his form solidifying before me. The sight of him takes my breath away, as always.

His presence feels reassuring, yet there's an intensity in his eyes that I haven't seen before. He must sense the turmoil I'm experiencing. Yami steps closer, his gaze softening as he takes in my worried expression.

"Britt," he says softly, "I felt your worry and fear from the shadows. I couldn't stay away any longer."

I let out a shaky breath, feeling a mix of relief and apprehension. "Yami, you shouldn't be here. Yugi—"