11

๋࣭ ࣪ ˖❇ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖⊹ ࣪ ˖

It had been 3 days since Sugawara was at the girls house. She hadn't gone to visit him since.

Though the two did text back and forth. It was mainly Sugawara attempting to make light hearted conversation, and the girl responding to humor him. She was glad she could give him a distraction, even if it was a small one at best.

She was on a walk now. The chilly October air floated around her in a slight breeze, slowly draining the lingering warmth from her body. Maybe she should've brought a hoodie, after all. She had always gone on walks to calm her down, but each step she took she found annoyance sweeping through her body.

The girl didn't always hate fall. Pumpkin scented candles, chunky blankets, spice lattes, and October leaves were all things she adored.

But looking at the forest around her, she didn't find the orange, brown, or yellow hues pretty. All she thought when she looked at them was that they were dead.

She turned around, cutting her outing short. It was pretty late anyway, the glowing moon visible in the gray sky. It was almost entirely dark out and she was sure she'd get a mouthful from her parents if she was still out by dusk.

By the time her house came into view she was both freezing and tired, the most ready she'd ever been to jump straight into bed. Latching a hand on her front door, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. Quicky pulling it out, she planned to simply skim over the text.

Sugawara
I'm craving ice cream so bad rn.
I could literally eat a gallon of it!!! 9:47 pm

The girl glanced at the time quickly before dropping her hand. She forgot all about her curfew or how tired she was as she ran.

By the time she reached the hospital she was a panting, sweaty mess. She found herself being grateful for the cold, for one night, for keeping what she lightly held in her hand from melting.

The girl probably looked crazy as she speed walked down the halls, but the only thing she could think about was giving Sugawara what she had brought as quickly as possible.

Throwing open the door, she found the boy laying on his stomach, the blue and red blanket flat on his back, and his gaze pinned to his phone. Though once he heard the commotion from outside his room, his gaze was pinned on the girl.

The two stared at each other for a minute, letting the others presence consume them. It seemed whenever their eyes were locked, nothing else ever mattered. Grins slipped onto both their faces, Sugawara's hazel eyes lighting up.

They stayed like that for a minute, before both of them burst out laughing.

"Did you sprint all the way here? It's not that far, is it? You look like you just ran a marathon." The boy teased, sitting up and hanging his legs off the side of the bed.

The girl tried to glare at him, but it only contorted her features and made her look even more funny, as she couldn't get herself to lose the smile stuck on her face.

"Shut up and take it." She shoved her gift into his hand. Vanilla ice cream on a cake cone.

She watched as he admired it, before bringing it up to his mouth.

"You don't know how much it pained me to get that." She flicked his forehead playfully. "And not just cause I'm going broke, but because I've never ordered such a despicable flavor." Sighing dramatically, she flopped onto the uncomfortable chair.

Sugawara looked up at her, his eyes bright and glowing, and the sweetest smile on his face. The ice cream had chilled his mouth, making his lips appear red and soft. The moon light from the window behind him seemed to illuminate his features, making him appear almost ethereally. She was reminded of the first time they got ice cream, and she thought he was nice to look at. Some things never change, apparently.

"Thank you." He said.

The girl felt as if she would run across the world if he would look at her like that again.

She stood up, no longer able to ignore the endless buzzing of her phone, which was probably definitely her parents threatening to ground her. She walked closer to Sugawara, reaching out and ruffling his hair, eyes instantly widening slightly at how soft it was.

"My parents are going to kill me, so I should probably get going." She took the trash from his hand, only the wrapper from the cone and a napkin was left.

"Good night, Suga." Giving him one last smile, she turned around and left his room, throwing the garbage away on the way out.

She didn't care if she was in trouble, anymore. It was worth it to bring her least favorite ice cream to her favorite hospital patient.

Even if the first food he ate in days was straight sugar.