04

๋࣭ ࣪ ˖❇ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖⊹ ࣪ ˖

The girl practically flung herself up in bed. Sweat clung to her whole body, making her feel suffocated under the blankets. Her breathing was choppy and heavy, vision blurred as she focused on the dark room.

The longer she was awake the more her nightmare faded from memory, and she eventually forgot why she was running out of the house, fueled purely on emotions and instinct. In only her pajamas the early morning breeze seemed tenfold. Street lights lit her path, alluminating patterns on the dark concrete.

Scared. That's what she felt most as she ran to the door of the hospital.

It had been a day since her last visit. Her sleep schedule was not fixed.

She had a feeling she was teetering on a fine line, one she had no intention of crossing. Yet it seemed her feet wouldn't move fast enough as she ran to his room.

She hadn't stopped breathing heavily since she got up, a mix of adrenaline and anxiety causing her heart to beat excessively. She pushed open his door quietly and slowly, almost scared of what she might find.

The familiar smell of sterile antiseptic washed over her, the monotonous beeping of the machines joining the empty hospital atmosphere.

The manager walked up to his bed, standing next to where he layed.

He looked like Sugawara.

A sense of ease filled her body. It was a warm tingly feeling that ran up her arms and down her legs. She felt content as she watched the boy sleep.

Hesitantly, she reached out with one of her hands, resting it on his chest over his heart. The steady pumping under her palm grounded her. The warmth filling her senses even more.

She smiled, taking a moment to observe him while he was at peace.

His skin was smooth and pale, her favorite birthmark dotted under his left eye. His eyelashes were long and thick, casting soft shadows on his eyelids. His gray hair looked so soft, messily sprawled out on his forehead. She found herself taking her other hand and pushing back the scattered strands.

He stirred, eyes fluttering open and immediately locking onto her. A flash of surprise flickered in his gaze before it dwindled into amusement. He blinked.

"Three visits from you in one week... I must be so lucky." He said sleepily, voice laced with serenity.

A lump formed in her throat.

The girl sighed, the line bright in her mind. It was impossible. He was too warm and too bright and too comforting.

She leaned down and pressed her forehead to his, closing her eyes. "Must be so lucky..." She murmured quietly.

She let herself fall.