chapter 20: path completion

Lands between.

With rodrick and ruby.

Rodrick and ruby have exploded the area where they have found some interesting stuff. First off they found a room that requires a stonesword key to open which rodrick happens to have one. When used they went inside and found a strange seal. Rodrick takes and will give it to shaun, of course they happen to encounter more giant rats and all. At the end rodrick found a book, one that looks strange and feels weird, he takes it for shaun to see. Then they found another room that requires another stonesword key. Sadly rodrick only had one, so he'll come back to it later. Though there is one problem, they couldn't find any crucible knights in the castle. They go back to the rampart and think of anything they have not been to.

Ruby: anything?

Rodrick: no. How do i even find a crucible knight here?

Ruby: it could be hiding

Rodrick: not true, i feel like crucible knights are always out in the open. But where?

Rodrick looks out to walkways and thinks for a moment. But then he looked to the left of the walkway, he had a strange feeling about something. Ruby goes up to her son and see if he found something out.

Ruby: anything?

Rodrick: actually yeah. Follow me

Rodrick heads to the walkway and his mother follows. He goes to the left and gets to a dead end of the walkway.

Ruby: umm this is a dead end

Rodrick: it is, but there's something off

Rodrick climp up and looks down to see that the cliff looks like steps that goes down.

Rodrick: bingo, this way mother

Ruby: are you sure?

Rodrick: positive

Rodrick heads down and ruby careful follows him. Eventually they get to one part of the cliff that goes nowhere.

Rodrick: huh

Ruby: so... Nothing right?

Rodrick: i was sure tha-

Before anything else the rock they were on collapse and they fall. They yell as they are falling and be scared of what it to come. But then they hit the ground, the ground that was soft and broke their fall. They are in shock for moment, until they calm down.

Ruby: that was... Something. Are you ok

Rodrick: yeah, i was... Almost saw light actually. But at least we are dead

Ruby: almost

They look around and see that they are on the side of the cliff still, the ruin archway. They processed on and then rodrick spots on something on the wall. It's an ash of war paper with a writing that says storm assault.

Ruby: isn't that one of those... What do you call it again?

Rodrick: ash of war and this one is called storm assault. Another storm magic i assume *takes it* safe keeping

Ruby: uh rodrick

Rodrick: yes mother

Ruby: i think we may have found what we were looking for

Rodrick: huh?

Rodrick looks ahead of the ruin archway and see what his mother was talking about. It was non other than the crucible knight they were looking for. This wasn't what they thought it looks like as its armor is all bronze/gold. Ruby however is stunned to see its weapon and how beautiful it is.