□12

A few days have passed and its now Saturday morning. Things have been calm for the passed few days for Sage, with the help of Kareem. He's been doing whatever he can to keep her mind off things.

And its worked.

Its worked so well, Sage agreed to meet up with Jamie at the coffee shop , but only if Kareem went with her. So the pair quickly got dressed and made their way over to meet up with him.

Kareem let Sage slide in the booth first, before sliding in next to her. A few seconds passed and Jamie walked in. His eyes landed on his sister and he smiled, happy to see her after so many days.

"Hey wassup" Jamie greeted them both before looking at Sage "How you been baby girl"

"Good, yourself?"

He shrugged "Coulda been better. But before we get into anythin , I wanted to apologize for what I said the last time we spoke. I didn't mean it the way it came out and I didn't mean to yell or hurt you ok? "

"I forgive you Jamie, now wassup"

He looked at her weirdly but shook it off "Uh, momma came to me a few days back and told me bout Kennedy cheatin on her. So she wants me to chill whoever he messin with"

"You can't be serious" Sage mumbled "Obviously if he's cheating, he doesn't want anything to do with her. But she keeps holding on"

"Or maybe she got somethin he want" Kareem added.

"Like money?" Sage questioned.

"That, or the hook up to drugs" Jamie mumbled "You know momma back on that stuff, right? I caught her shootin back at the house"

Sage shook her head and ran her fingers through her hair. "I need to talk to her" she mumbled "I mean, I'm not over what she said but I was the one who got her to stop last time and she was clean for months. Maybe that'll work this time"

"Yea maybe, but its no guarantee baby girl. Look" Jamie paused and pulled a brochure from his pocket "I been lookin at some rehab places and this one look good"

The brochure was titled Sunny hills rehabilitation center and had a white woman on the front, running through a field of flowers.

Sage laughed a little.

"What? It caught my attention" he shrugged "Anyway, all we gotta do is think of a way to get her there before she can actually go through with this lil plan she got. She not thinkin straight on that stuff"

"You right but she stubborn as hell. How we gonna do that? "

"Remind me of somebody" Kareem smiled "This probably ain't my place but I got an idea"

"You right, it ain't your place" Jamie said "This between me and my sister"

"Jamie, forreal? Stop. Go ahead Keemy"

"Just tell her y'all takin her out to breakfast or somethin. Get her to dress up real nice and drop her off" he shrugged.

"No"

"Yes"

Jamie and Sage looked at each other. They stared each other down before Jamie groaned.

"That was a good idea. We can do this tomorrow, the sooner the better"

"Yea whatever" Jamie stood up and walked out to his car before pulling off. Kareem chuckled and moved his arm from behind Sage.

"I don't think he like me much"

"Don't worry about him, he'll be fine"

Kareem ended up dropping Sage off at his place before going over to the local bar to meet up with Tyreke. Its been awhile since they hung out and with it being Saturday, it was a good time.

They slapped hands when they saw each other and Kareem took a seat at the bar beside him.

He ordered a Hennessey with no ice and threw it back, feeling it burn his throat. He shook it off before throwing back another shot of henny.

"Damn nigga, wassup with you?" Tyreke laughed. "Throwin them back like damn"

Kareem laughed a little "Just some shit on my mind and it ain't got nothin to do with me"

"Hell, I'm nosy. Talk to me"

"Naw, can't do that. This shit could get a few locked up. But what's been up with you?"

"Guess who ain't the daddy" Tyreke laughed "Drink to that man" they threw back a shot and hissed before they did another. "Whoa shit"

Back at Kareems place, Sage was busy relaxing by the pool when her phone rang. Kareem was at the bar for a few hours now, and when she saw it was him calling, she figured he was drunk.

"House of beauty, this is cutie. If u ain't got no money, u don't get no booty. " she answered.

"Damn, I must got the wrong number" a unfamiliar voice answered. "This Sage?"

"Yea" she dragged out "Who's this?"

"Tyreke. I work with Kareem and he drunk off his ass right now. I'm bouta drop him off at his place"

"Ok, I'm already here. And thanks"

"No problem" he hung up the phone and Sage pulled on her robe before walking towards the front of the house, waiting for him to pull up.

Now the real drama begins.

*evil laugh* I'm so excited. ..

-------------

Thinks Jamie apology was sincere?

Was Kareem outta line for his input?

What's going on with Jamie?

#HoldMyNuts #MyThuggas

-Mz. Thugga