▪13

Sage put a plate of breakfast in front of Kareem, who was focused on the tv and his lap top. Its Sunday and he's getting ready for to play his fantasy football team.

"Thanks shawty" he mumbled, pulling her down beside him and throwing his arm around her shoulders. "What time Jamie comin to get you?"

She shrugged "He didn't say. He called, asked if I was ready then hung up"

"You got a weird ass brother man" he chuckled.

"Hey, leave him alone" she laughed "He try"

"Ha, ok. Anyway what time you think y'all will be back?"

"Not too late. Should be back before 5." She stopped talking and looked at her phone "Its him calling. Hello"

"You ready?" Jamie mumbled.

"Yea, I'm ready. You're here? "

"Yea, come on" he hung up and Sage couldn't do nothing but laugh. "See, weird" Kareem said with a mouth full of food.

"I'll see you when I get back. And I think I'm leaving tonight" she stood up but Kareem pulled her back down.

"Leavin? For what?"

"I've been here 2 days, I've over stayed my welcome. And I miss home"

"To be honest, your under-stayed your welcome. And if you miss home, we can drive by and visit it tonight" he smiled making Sage laugh "Ion want you to go, forreal. I enjoy your company"

"I enjoy yours too. But the truth is I feel like we're moving too fast"

That caught Kareem off guard as he started joking on the eggs. Sage patted his back "What gives you the impression we're moving too fast?" He drank some orange juice.

"I'm in your house, sleeping in your bed. I'm cooking you food and vise versa and we've known each other only a month"

"I mean, you're here because you wanted to get away for a lil bit. I'm not sleepin in the bed with you. I cook cause I like too, so I'm not understanding what you mean"

Sage sighed "I don't want this to turn into an argument ok? But from now on, I want it to be traditional between us. You remember, take the girl on a few dates, ask her to be your girlfriend then this stuff would be ok"

"Iight" Kareem shrugged. "See you when you get back"

She kissed his cheek and stood up just as Jamie barged through the front door with a mug on his face.

Kareem looked back and when he saw it was Jamie, he stood up and walked over to him.

"Why the fuck you takin so long in here? Let's go" Jamie yelled at Sage.

"Hold up, don't be comin up in my house givin out orders and shit. You need to go back outside and knock nigga" Kareem stood behind Sage who wouldn't let him move.

Jamie ignored him and roughly grabbed Sage's arm, making her wince in pain "Ouch Jamie"

Kareem stood in between them and pushed Jamie back, making his grip on Sage release "Don't grab her like that nigga, wassup with you?"

"Man watch out, this my sister. I can do what ever the fuck I want to" he tried stepping to the left to grab Sage again, but Kareem followed his movements.

Before Jamie had a chance to throw the punch he wanted to, Sage stepped in between them.

"Kareem, upstairs now" he started to protest "Please"

"Man fuck this shit" he walked passed the both of them, grabbed his keys and left the house. Sage was about to chase after him, until Jamie grabbed her arm. She pulled it away from him "Jamie, what's your problem? Are you drunk or something? What gave you the idea that barging into this house, which isn't yours, grabbing me like you own me or about to fight Kareem was all ok?"

"Man, you had me waitin outside too long. And when I came in here to see wassup, you busy talkin to this nigga when we got shit to do"

"Hello, earth to Jamie. My life doesn't simply revolve around you and momma. I have others aspects to my life that need to be worked on too"

He clentched his jaw "So basically what u sayin is you workin on a relationship with that nigga? You don't even fuckin know him"

Sage rolled her eyes and she grabbed her phone "Which is why I'm getting to know him. Nobody said anything about a relationship, but if that's what I decide to do then who are you to stop me?"

She sent a quick text to Kareem:

I'm sorry about what happen? Are you ok?

"Just come on so I can drop you off back at your place"

"I'm coming back here" she said, following him out to his car. He mumbled something under his breath but didn't speak up on it.

The car ride over to Rosettas place wasn't like any of the other rides between the two, which are usually fun and filled with them laughing and joking.

But the current ride was filled with silence and tension. Jamie held a mug on his face as his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

He couldn't believe how Sage was acting. He felt like he was being pushed aside for someone else. He felt like his sister no longer needed him.

After he stayed in jail for a year for her, He felt like he was no longer needed. A year of his life, wasted.

Pulling up to Rosettas house, the two exited the car and walked up the few steps until they reached the door. When Jamie knocked, the door opened slightly.

"Momma" Jamie called. He pushed the door open more and walked in slowly. The front room looked like it always did.

Dirty.

Sage went to check her bedroom and when she walked in, she gasped "Jamie" she yelled. Jamie rushed to where she was and they both looked at the mess in her room.

"Damn" he mumbled, rubbing his hand over his face "She gone"

All her clothes were gone. Things in her closet were missing.

"Wait, so she really is out to kill whoever Kennedy is dating?"

"Yeap, now we gotta figure out who the fuck it is"

--------------

Think Sage and Kareem moving too fast?

Jamie's actions?

Where's Rosetta?

#HoldMyNuts #MyThuggas

-Mz. Thugga